Okay girly cosmetic type question

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
In my constant quest for natural horse-girl chic (insert tongue in cheek icon) I purchased some eye lash curlers in the hope that they'd help me achieve a modicum of wide awake / alertness looking stylie first thing when I drag myself out of bed and round to the girls to feed them breakfast (of course I want to look good for the locals, theirs rabbits, pheasants etc all expecting me to appear looking smart).
So, how on earth do you get a result from them????! I have tried several times and nowt happens? I have very long thick lashes and thought they'd respond well. But nothing doing? Is it possible to get it wrong?! Lol

I heat mine up for a bit before using (just using a hair dryer), which helps.

How long are using them for? I have to use mine for 20 seconds or so minimum to achieve any semblance of results & I must admit, they don't always look that different without mascara :D You can definitely notice a big difference with mascara though!

Reactions: Trewsers
I'm no help at all I'm afraid!

But someone I know got their eyelashes permed and they were super pleased with the results, lasts around 6 weeks too

I heat up with the hair dryer and leave on a good 30 seconds, first coat of mascara, leave to almost dry then start to build up coats of mascara!

I heat mine up for a bit before using (just using a hair dryer), which helps.

How long are using them for? I have to use mine for 20 seconds or so minimum to achieve any semblance of results & I must admit, they don't always look that different without mascara :D You can definitely notice a big difference with mascara though!

I've held them on for up to ten seconds - maybe I should try for longer? I read that about using a hairdryer - maybe try that.

I'm no help at all I'm afraid!

But someone I know got their eyelashes permed and they were super pleased with the results, lasts around 6 weeks too

I've never heard of that. I think I'd be no good having that done, I'd not want anyone near my eyes!!

I'm rubbish at makeup!! Only recently started to wear it! (and I'm in my late 30s!!) so eyelash curlers are a bit beyond me I'm afraid! (and look like a torcher device to my mind!!!)

Ha I remember trying them years ago. Nearly pulled my eyelashes off lol Never again. My daughter used them for years still does I think. Hers look fantastic. [emoji102]

Don't use them - but have found little tubes of Benefit mascara in Boots. It's fantastic, goes on thick or thin & stays on - but not like super glue. It seems to slightly curl my meagre lashes as well.

newrider.com