Ok.. possible share No.2

Purple Hugs

Aug 27, 2005
Nr Llanelli, SW Wales
After the let down with Woodie recently and the £200 a month share.. I have been checking out sites etc for shares, to no avail..

I posted a free advert on 'stabletalk' and have just had an email from a private yard close to me for a share of a 14.2 palamino!!!
Weekdays / term-time, which fits in fantasticly as I'm a foster carer so holidays are my busiest time really.

ooh I'm so excited.. AGAIN.. hehe but I'm going to try and keep a hat on it as they want to see me ride.. and given that I'm a relative new rider, could lead to a no..

I've emailed them with my telephone number and am staring at the phone!! :p

Keep your finges x'd and I'll keep you posted! ;)

I loan out a pony of ours. All I want from a loaner is an honest rider. I like the loaner to have lessons so as they learn to ride the horse as well as develop their own riding ability. So no problems with novices, but only be honest about your ability. Also want a loaner to be honest about what they expect from the loan and what they want to do with pony etc.
At the end of the day so long as the pony is happy and contented, the loanee committed to looking after the pony as if it was her own then I am quite satisfied. I also want the pony kept on the same yard as she has always been on, as she has her pair bond there and other friends, she is settled and this makes her confident secure and safe etc. So more ensuring my ponys welfare is being taken into top consideration by the loanee. If this was not the case I would cease loan.
Also make sure you have a written loan agreement laying out things in clear black and white and plain language, i.e. who is responsible for vets / treatment if injured, who is responsible for nursing horse back to health etc. What about paying for loan even if not able to ride the horse.
Good luck with everything. I am sure if you look after the pony as your own lots of hugs, mints (not spoiling her), good care and consideration of her needs you will get on fine with the owner.

Thanks! :D will of course keep you posted.

Shirley, thanks for the tips. :) I have been honest in the ad, about my weight and about riding ability. Also in my reply email I said about my ability and that I'd be happy to limit this if they so wished. i.e. not canter until I'm totally up to speed with it via normal lessons. :eek:

I'd totally love the pony (is it a pony or a horse at that size)?
Will need to confirm things like finances if only term time, do I pay during holidays still? that sort of thing.

I must admit I'm feeling a bit more level headed about it this time. I was so dissapointed last time that I don't want to count my chickens as they say! :cool:

Good for you. Sounds as though level headedness is winning through. It is very easy to get all emotional and let things lead and forget the practical things.
As for me loaning out our pony is perhaps the riskiest thing I feel I have ever done. But the right people came along and this beautiful pony has not looked back. The loaner is so just right for her, and they have bonded beautifully together, learning loads together and just having brilliant fun. This for me is just brilliant to see happening. My pony is happy and contented, worked and ridden and enjoying building a new relationship with the loanee. Could not have asked for more really.
Good luck. 14.2 is still officially a pony, anything bigger is a horse. I only have ponies, horses are just far to tall for me to reach them!!!

Ohh, how frustrating! Haven't they even phoned you back yet? I'd have to get on the blower if I was you... but then I very definitely am impatient!:D

HairyCob said:
Ohh, how frustrating! Haven't they even phoned you back yet? I'd have to get on the blower if I was you... but then I very definitely am impatient!:D
Believe me.. if they'd put a number on their email yesterday I'd have called the minute i got the email!! :cool:

I'm left waiting for them to call me, or email back - but if nothing by tomorrow I guess it's a no go.... they are bound to call while I have a meeting later with a social worker and young person. :rolleyes:

ooh can't help thinking this isn't going to come to anything now.. no news still. :(

Will not be too down hearted till the night is over, as they emailed me at 8pm so might just be busy till around then...

Aren't we all!? hehe

I have a new Young person moving in tomorrow.. so that'll keep me busy - she's 15. Maybe she'll become a new rider eh!!? hehe ;)

PM'ed you before I read this! Thanks for the update! We expect more haha!:p
Good luck and fingers x'd.:)

Dont lose heart some people dont use their email on a day to day basis.

I have my fingers crossed for you, I am sure they will respond soon.

Liz

newrider.com