OK .. my shopping list of show stuff .. what have I missed ?

WeeBarraxO

May 20, 2008
Glasgow
ok as you know we shall be taking petri to a few local shows .. nothing big .. nothing fancy just our little local shows to do the veteren classes, tack & turnout, maybe riding club horse if height allows .. family pony where age allows .. so yeah just those sort of classes .. and maybe a wee round of jumping if we are feeling brave :yellowcarded:

so ..

on the list is ..

new numnah
new girth
show sheet/fleece (maybe this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300681056...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1126)
cream/beige joddies/breeches
tall boots
showjacket (pref tweed)
show cane ? (do I need this?) or would a smart black/brown stick suffice?)
Gloves (are they NEEDED as I don't really like wearing gloves :help:)
inhand show lead ?

we already have bridle, saddle obviously, and we have tendon, fetlock and overreach boots for if we do decide to jump ..

very expensive this showing business :giggle:

also bits .. now I remember I had took photos at the show we are planning on going to last year .. so was looking through to see how other people turned out .. obviously there were no other fjordy ponies :( .. but was looking at the veteren class and everyone was either snaffle or pelham .. now I would be hoping to ride her in the snaffle .. but as you know she is a strong little lady and can get a bit giddy on grass .. so should I purchase a pelham and try her in that see if she goes well :help:

You'd get away with a smart brown whip (or black I guess), preferably nothing with funny shapes on the end, or colours on it.

You really do need gloves. Brown gloves. There's some really thin cheap brown cotton pimply ones available, you could stick them on just before you go in the ring. :)

You can lead in a snaffle bridle, or inhand bridle and show-lead. Don't bother putting an inhand lead on your riding bridle. ;)

Don't forget shirt and tie. ;)

You'd get away with a smart brown whip (or black I guess), preferably nothing with funny shapes on the end, or colours on it.

You really do need gloves. Brown gloves. There's some really thin cheap brown cotton pimply ones available, you could stick them on just before you go in the ring. :)

You can lead in a snaffle bridle, or inhand bridle and show-lead. Don't bother putting an inhand lead on your riding bridle. ;)

Don't forget shirt and tie. ;)

hmm will probs end up just just buying a shows cane, could be handy to have

ahh dang :poop:, will get me some gloves then lol :giggle:

yeah I have been looking at some inhand bridles, not sure on wether to get her cob sized or full size .. as her cheap bridle has parts of both size :help:

oh yesss shirt and tie .. been looking at some ties last night, just need to find a nice shirt :angel:

You can get away without a showsheet, you shouldnt need one in the middle of summer!
Also what colour is her current girth/numnah? You want it to match her tack so if your saddle is brown and your girth brown you can get away with that :)

You can get away without a showsheet, you shouldnt need one in the middle of summer!
Also what colour is her current girth/numnah? You want it to match her tack so if your saddle is brown and your girth brown you can get away with that :)

She has black tack,

and just now she has a black girth and a whole range of numnahs lol mostly Red, burgandy, we do have a black with gold piping saddle cloth in the tackroom I think

was thinking to get her white girth ? as her coat goes so sooo light in the summer, she is a really light creamy colour now, as I know we used to always match the girth to the ponies colour when I was younger :help:

Stick with the black girth and go for a thin discreet saddle shaped black numnah, white is for dressage ;) :)

newrider.com