Off to a show tomorrow!

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I think this may be my first ever proper show! It's a large venue and I'm just hoping to have a fun day out with my lovely share and a friend on her pony.

I've entered into the 50cm jumping. And then I'm doing 2 fun classes. Best borrowed and delightfully dapper.

I'm not really sure I have the correct things to wear and I'm hoping it doesn't matter too much. I'm not going to plait him for the jumping as its very early! But then I have a gap before my showing classes so will probably plait him then.

He's a Connemara so could probably get away with not plaiting? But think he will look smarter plaited. If anyone knows the answer let me know please.

Any other tips or advice appreciated!

Don't need to plait for jumping and if registered Connie can show as m&m so mane left down, feathers on legs and tail natural. Really if you turn out plaited then feathers should come off and tail pulled too, although it shouldn't really matter if more fun classes.
Jumping walk your course and I always remember it by colours so; number 1 red to the yellow fillers 2 etc.

Reactions: MrA
Don't need to plait for jumping and if registered Connie can show as m&m so mane left down, feathers on legs and tail natural. Really if you turn out plaited then feathers should come off and tail pulled too, although it shouldn't really matter if more fun classes.
Jumping walk your course and I always remember it by colours so; number 1 red to the yellow fillers 2 etc.
Yes, walking the course is really advised! I've had times when riding in another ring and not had chance to walk the course hence watching competitor in front of me jump to learn the course:rolleyes: or even been thrown in the deep end and basically looking like a rabbit in headlights going in only knowing where the start is and trying to make it look like I know the course:eek:. Most of all relax and enjoy yourself I'm sure you will have a brilliant time. x

Reactions: lauren123 and MrA
Thanks guys, top tip about walking the course will make sure we leave early enough to do so! I'll be happy to just get round even if he knocks some poles, he gets very forward whilst jumping away from home so I'm just looking to keep him steady and in a rhythm.

Still very excited :D

Work cannot go quick enough today, my bag is full of shampoo and sponges as after-work I'm straight to the yard bathing and tack cleaning! :D

Can't wait going to make him sparkle!

And then we set off about 7.30am tomorrow :)

newrider.com