Now a groom at Gleneagles woohoo!

Skye94

Most accident prone horse owner
Jan 6, 2006
Near Aberdeen - Laurencekirk
YAY! i got the email yesterday sayin i got the job as a groom at gleaneagles!!!! I went for my interview on friday and rode this huge black mare called ebony. she was lovely. But i must have done something right if they have givin me the job :p Well i start on the 28th and its a live-in position as well so im really chuffed :)

oooooh, another member of a forum that I go on gets a job at gleneagles - you are the 2nd person.:D Do you know which yard you will be working on

my horsey is on livery at gleneagles (in the top yard) and I am there all weekend every weekend. I own the handsome grey on the horse called Bianco. Dont know if you met him when you were at Gleneagles.

No doubt, I'll meet you next weekend. I will be there from Friday - Sunday. In the meantime, feel free to send me an e-mail (elisefreedman@msn.com) or pm me if you want to know anything about Gleneagles.

I'm not far away - about 10 miles. So if you need to escape, give us a yell !

Elisebev, going to the lecture tomorrow night ?

Hi CVB,

Im not going to the one tomorrow night

However, Im planning on going to the two in June. Are you going to be at them? If so, you will have to come and introduce yourself and meet my boy too

hey - a mini NR meet :)

yes, we're booked for all 3. Its a family thing - me, Happy Highlande, and mother :)

i thought she was lovely a bit lazy though. I wanted to steal her and put her in the car :rolleyes: hmmm doubtfull!!!! I thought i did really well since i havnt ridden in ..... AGES lol x

elisebev - if wren, fresco, shamus and another (coloured) horse look a bit strange coloured tomorrow its cos they had a pile of people marking muscles etc on in ELC crayons !

(saw Ebony - she wouldn't FIT in a car !)

congrats on the new job, you must be excited!

wow, i remember ebony from about 6years ago! i used to have a horse called ebony so i remember the horse;)

jerrys next door neighbour is coming for a week's holiday the week you start (an appy QH called...frank:p) so look out for him!!!

amz x

Maybe i can put her in the washing machine and shrink her lol... :cool: teehee ill sure look out for Frank, thats an ace name for a horse lol.. :)
Gleneagles is very posh in my opinion lol.. but that mightjust be me :eek:

Congratulations Skye94. I remember when the yard opened. I lived in Auchterarder then and all we locals went round for a look, mouths open.;) I couldn't believe the luxury those horses lived in. I wonder if its still the same now.

You don't live anywhere near Crieff do you cvb? We moved there shortly after the Gleneagles visit.

It likes to think it is posh :rolleyes: place but still has plenty shavings etc lying all over the floor when i have been up, but i think they have been desperate for new staff of what i can hear. The one thing i hated was seeing all the rugs getting put back on when they were all covered in shavings etc on the inside must of been dead itchy for the horses. The top yard is nice the bottom yard is a bit shabby i am surprised they have never rebuilt it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

That's wonderful news Skye, I'm very pleased for you :D :D You must have ridden (and come across in general) really well. Totally fantabulous!! :D

newrider.com