Not just a cold?

Feffie

Aug 25, 2010
I've had this cold now for at least a monthm it wasn't too bad but past week or so it's really really run me down, I can't breath through my nose at all, my hearing has gone to the dogs, I'm shivery and generally feel rubbish. I've been taking the cold and flu drinks you can get but they don't do anything. Blowing my nose doesn't do anything and I'm just fed up ; ; I can't sleep properly like it and I can't go into uni cose of how rubbish and tired and achey I feel ;;

if anything like this lasts over 3 weeks, go to a doctor

it helps if you keep track of your temperature -- as that often shows whether you have an underlying infection or not

I had a cough for 3 weeks 0 then it turned into a chest infection and ended up with walking pneumonia!

still recovering --

Cathy
PS also boost your own immune system by:
drinking lots of water (not tea or coffee -- water is the true hydrator)
taking vit c and zonc
a multi vit including B vits for women
echniacea
all of these have been proved to reduce the duraoin of colds and flu like illnesses

Thanks, I've tryed to get a doctors appointmentt but apparantly they can't fit me in for another 3 weeks ; ;
Feel completely rubbish this morning and I feel bad since I can't go into uni liike this so people at the yard are down a person >.<
I've told my instructor and she hasn't said anything so I assume it's ok, I managed to drag myself in to do the yard in the evening yesterday but afterwards I felt so rubbish I kind of wish I hadn't.

Don't let doctors receptionist fob you off, say you need an urgent appointment, they have to keep some spare each day for urgent appointments. 3 weeks is mad, you cannot predict when you will be ill!

I would def go to the docs - keep pestering! Meanwhile, get yourself some fresh orange juice (this will help fight off more potential germs) and keep yourself really hydrated with plenty of water - nowt with caffeine in it, as that will undo all the good you are doing. Eat whatever you fancy (so long as it is reasonably healthy!) - I am a firm believer in "listening" to what your body is telling you. Some people say you should eat this, this and this, but I say when you are under-par eat the things that really appeal.
Good luck and hope you are better soon.

Don't let doctors receptionist fob you off, say you need an urgent appointment, they have to keep some spare each day for urgent appointments. 3 weeks is mad, you cannot predict when you will be ill!

^^^ This. We have to phone at 8am for an emergency appointment. If you can't get one then if it comes to it call the out of hours doctor. This has been going on a long time now and you really do need to get checked out properly.

Insist on being seen, you may have glandular fever if it has dragged on this long. Not a lot they can do except let it run its course, but at least you'll know what you're dealing with.

xxx

newrider.com