Noseband

Aandceq

Apr 1, 2020
Hi I was wondering if a grackle would be better for my horse then a flash as he like to cross his jaw and mouth a lot and stick his young out . He’s a 16hh cob and he has a cob flash in the tightes hole and I really refuse to put it tighter (it is not to tight atm at all I can for like two fingers in it )so do you think a grackle would be more suitable

Ideally you want to find out why he's crossing his jaw and sticking his tongue out, not just make it harder for him to do it. Teeth spring to mind, or possibly a bit that isn't suitable for him, or - and don't take offence - hands that aren't acceptable.

Back to your question, pressure tests have shown that a correctly fitted high ring grackle is better than a correctly fitted flash.

Ideally you want to find out why he's crossing his jaw and sticking his tongue out, not just make it harder for him to do it. Teeth spring to mind, or possibly a bit that isn't suitable for him, or - and don't take offence - hands that aren't acceptable.

Back to your question, pressure tests have shown that a correctly fitted high ring grackle is better than a correctly fitted flash.
He’s has his teeth done a few weeks ago and he does it for every rider . He’s allways done it since he was little (he’s rising 7 now ) we had a bit fitter out a few months ago and we got put in a happy mouth , Mullen mouth full cheek and it improved it slightly but think he just likes to play as he’s a bit of a cheeky boy

Having just looked back at your other posts it does sound like your lad could do with an MOT. You've also posted about him being lazy but strong and becoming difficult to mount, a combination that along with clearly not being happy in his bridle makes me think he has genuine problems somewhere and that a vet check would be in order.

Having just looked back at your other posts it does sound like your lad could do with an MOT. You've also posted about him being lazy but strong and becoming difficult to mount, a combination that along with clearly not being happy in his bridle makes me think he has genuine problems somewhere and that a vet check would be in order.
Thanks for this as few weeks ago we asked our vet to come and they can’t come due to corona however the mounting problem has gone away and he is back in full work jumping. We managed to find out with the help from our farrier that he needed his back shoes back on (we only put them on for hunting but now he needs them all the time) his saddle was also just reflocked as it went a bit off but we have the vet booked out for as soon as it is safe ( the vet dosent think anything is urgently wrong) since his shoes are back on he’s become very exited by everything and is loving work he’s just only lazy when you ask him to do so something that he dosent want but when he want to go he goes . Hope when the vet come out he will get the all clear then we can start thinking what else it could be

Reactions: carthorse
newrider.com