New wellies

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
I bought my last wellies 4 years and 3 months ago.

They get worn every single day, and have just started to crack where they always seem to go, across the ball of the foot. So it's time for a new pair.

Same as before: I think 4 years' use for £50 is a bargain, and they are warm, comfy and have lovely wide legs for my big calves. So say hello to my new Bekina Agrilites.

What's your preferred brand?IMG_1502.JPG

I bought my last wellies 4 years and 3 months ago.

They get worn every single day, and have just started to crack where they always seem to go, across the ball of the foot. So it's time for a new pair.

Same as before: I think 4 years' use for £50 is a bargain, and they are warm, comfy and have lovely wide legs for my big calves. So say hello to my new Bekina Agrilites.

What's your preferred brand?View attachment 101070
Those look lovely, are they neoprene? I've been using a pair of knock off muck boots for the last couple of years that were given to me by someone and could do with a new pair for next winter as my toes are sometimes soggy on my right foot.

I was buying the cheap countrywide wellies, as they had small toe box and leg so i could ride in them. However my right boot has developed a one inch split so i need new ones. As countrywide are no more im not sure what or were i shall get a new pair. The annoying thing is i always wearnthe right boots out. I actually have two spare left wellies which i kept. So now i have three left spares and no right.
Im not going to go for super cheap as they wont last anytime. But i must find something that i can ride safely in.

Ariat in the sale, but they only get worm in the winter to bring in and chores etc.
I don't ride or lunge in them.

Aigle parcours ISO 2 they were £130 but 5 years later and 1000's of hours worn doing horses, sheep, dogs, gardening and pigs they still look like new and I could walk in them all day and my feet or my gammy knee never get sore. Footwear is one thing that I wear on myself I don't mind paying for, anything else I cringe at prices, e.g. £80 For a coat for me I'm like no way, £80+ for a rug for the horses, yeah no bother!

Those look lovely, are they neoprene? I've been using a pair of knock off muck boots for the last couple of years that were given to me by someone and could do with a new pair for next winter as my toes are sometimes soggy on my right foot.
They're rubber on the outside. The legs are lined with a sort of neoprene fluff and they come with separate neoprene sole inserts which give good cushioning and keep your feet warm.
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UJPMYKA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I was buying the cheap countrywide wellies, as they had small toe box and leg so i could ride in them. However my right boot has developed a one inch split so i need new ones. As countrywide are no more im not sure what or were i shall get a new pair. The annoying thing is i always wearnthe right boots out. I actually have two spare left wellies which i kept. So now i have three left spares and no right.
Im not going to go for super cheap as they wont last anytime. But i must find something that i can ride safely in.
Funny, mine always go on the left! We are all crooked I suppose. I don't think you could ride in these, the soles are chunky and they have no bar

My last arait mudbuster lasted two winters. I don’t ride in the but do yard chores and dig walk I walk about 10/15 km a day. They split across the front.

Just got my new solognac from decathlon £50 neoprene lined adjustable hunting boots. Omg I love them.

You can ride in them but I don’t I always change in to my riding boots.

They are lovely and warm as well very happy with them and that is coming from a arait lover

I tried loads and they lasted between 1 week and three months.....including expensive ones. I've found the only ones that cope with mucking out are the Parcours, I am on my second pair.

I am currently sporting Boggs neoprene boots and loving them, have always used muck boots in the past but considering the first pair I had lasted four years which I though was reasonable, every subsequent pair last just about one year before they split, so decided to try a different, slightly cheaper pair. The only downside to the boggs is they come up a tiny bit small on me, if I were to buy more I'd go up half a size.

I got a pair of brown floral festival wellies (9.99) 3 years ago for christmas. My friend got a pair of hunter wellies (90.00). My cheapies are still going strong, hers gave up after 18 months.

Very old and very original Hunters - probably at least 10 years old now :oops: - and like Huggy's friend I have had new hunters over that period and they arent worth a shilling! also had Caldene something or others - they split within months. I do have a very thick insulated pair of Jack Murphys that I can only wear in the coldest of weather or my feet roast. They don't make those anymore either so when the old Hunters and Jack Murphys eventually give up thats it - hopefully they will both last as long as I do! :D

For horses and dog walking, I swear by Le Chameau. I hack at this time of year in long Woof Wear mucker/wellies boots

For gardening, I'm currently using Joules wellibobs or apair of very trendy clogs :D

newrider.com