new ifor williams trailers

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
Anyone got one of the new style HB511 trailers? good or bad reviews? any issues what with them being a new model? do you prefer the old 510s? we had a nose round a new 511 and were most impressed (and i'm accutely aware i start a PAID job in august so it's top of the "must buy" list), but with them being a new model, was curious as to whether anyone was having any issues with them before setting my heart on one!

The reviews I’ve heard so far have all been good, extra weight in them for towing but in turn for their new style and bit more space.
I’m very much a fan of ifor I have to say. Would be good to hear of bad reviews though and what people have found wrong but do feel ifor have a lot of knowledge under their belts when building trailers now to help filter out any bad points.

We have an ifor car trailer now and even with that I am really impressed in comparison to our brian james we had before.

Can’t wait to see you and the boys mobile :D

Only slight complaint I have heard is regarding the quality of the new build, however I am aiming to get a 511 (seem to have been aiming for this for years now lol) in the late summer so looking forward to hearing further opinions :D

I can't comment on the 511, but I have the brand new 506 (replacement of the 505), and it is fantastic. Very quiet and easy to tow, a lot more space than the 505 and easier catches to use. I have no issues as yet. It was recalled in October, but ifor haven't sent the replacement parts to my dealer yet. I don't know if this is the same with the 511, but they had a couple where the tie-rings got pulled out of the pillars, and the centre pole could be lifted out of the floor. I don't have these problems with mine, but will obvisouly be having the replacement parts fitted for free under warranty.

ah, now, that's interesting you say the 506 is bigger than the 505. We used to travel a 13.3hh and 14.2hh no probs in a 505 but i've now got a 15.2hh and a 15hh tank and last time the 15.2hh was in a 505 i felt he was a bit squished, hence wanting the larger model. i shall maybe have to sort out a trial, or hire the 2 models before committing to purchasing one.

newrider.com