Naughty Horse...

Jun 10, 2015
Every time I do a Show Bucky slightly puts his head down. Which makes me have to loosen my reins, but of course, when I do some how the reins get long xD And if I try to pick his head up he will stop, of course this is all while we are trotting, and if I don't try to pick his head up or loosen my reins, My arms are in an awkward position, since I'm posting plus I'm leaning forward..Ish with my arms....ITS JUST WIERD..How do I stop him from doing this? Is it just Laziness? Thanks!

Oh,
Every time I do a Show Bucky slightly puts his head down. Which makes me have to loosen my reins, but of course, when I do some how the reins get long xD And if I try to pick his head up he will stop, of course this is all while we are trotting, and if I don't try to pick his head up or loosen my reins, My arms are in an awkward position, since I'm posting plus I'm leaning forward..Ish with my arms....ITS JUST WIERD..How do I stop him from doing this? Is it just Laziness? Thanks!
Oh, and also. What's the lowest jumps shows will do?

Try not to let him snatch the reins but if he down give and stops whilst your trying to get your reins give him a nudge at the same time, its hard to eat when you walking forward.

Reactions: XxRideForLifexX
It depends on the show but most local shows in the UK do clear round which is usually only a small course. Another thing you could try if riding english with rein snatching is having harliquin grip reins that way you will be more aware of where your hands are on the reins and more likely to keep a contact if your not used to riding in one. If you ride american style then I don't know about that but I'm sure someone will be able to advise.

newrider.com