Naughty girl!

squidsin

Feb 16, 2013
Hacked Roxy out this afternoon with some girls off the yard - a beautiful day and Roxy was perfect. Until we got back to the yard, I popped her into her stable to take her saddle and bridle off and no sooner had I got the bridle off and turned round to hang it up than she rolled! With her saddle on! Luckily she didn't go right over and hasn't damaged the saddle, but I'll be untacking her outside from now on! I think it may also be time to clip - she was very sweaty even though we only went out for an hour or so, walking and trotting. All the horses were really sweaty though, it was really warm and nobody has clipped yet.

:eek: Eek that's a close call, thank goodness no damage done to horse or saddle, very naughty but I'm sure she didn't mean it and still deserves a polo for being so good on your hack :)

Reactions: squidsin
She really loves rolling. She rolls in her stable as soon as she can, every time I put her in it. Maybe those wood shavings just look so alluring!

Sounds like your typical cheeky pony trick!!! Glad no damage done to the saddle though,just be grateful she didn't do it with you on board in the sea!

OO crikey! I remember when Z was just coming back into work after his laminitis and the first time he hacked out with me we got to a nice sandy path and he went down to roll with me on board! Very embarrassing. Definitely untack outside, I think...

newrider.com