nat17 and sjp1 - It's your fault i got up at 4.45 am

laceyfreckle

May 27, 2007
Essex/Suffolk
lol, hope i got your usernames right.

Anyway since listening to you two go on about your early morning beat the bugs etc rides I couldn't sleep this morning! Was wide awake at 4.30am so even though i wasn't going to I ended up going out for a hack.

The big thing here is we don't hack. But it was quiet! and no bugs. I thought there wouldn't be so many people doing gardening and spooking my pony so off we went.

I walked him in hand half way round as he was a little snorty/aprehensive/looking like a arab/eyes and nostrils on stalks. I got on half way round and rode back though, walk and trot :biggrin:

Was out in total for 45 mins which isn't bad bearing in mind he hasn't done any hacking or walking out in hand for about a month.

Then we went home and had a bit of a canter in the paddock.

Far less people traffic which was good but there was one person crouching behind their hedge at 5am gardening!

No spooks today just a bit of a unexploded bomb feeling although he did relax for a teeny tiny bit.

Now just to keep doing it until he's happy and relaxed!

Yay well done! I love it at that time - never set my alarm though, and if I do wake up early it's a toss up between dogs and horses.

I'm glad you did so well. :happy:

I love going to the ponies early. I tend to do this at weekends if I'm awake and hubby isnt working so I can ride and be done and home just as hubby a dd are getting up and ready. Weekends are family time for us so don't ride otherwise.

Lol.... we should make our own club:biggrin:

5AM gardening???? That is strange!:ninja:

Very well done on your hack though, tomorrow he will be better behaved I am sure.....at 5am.....

I also got up and out hacking at 5.30 this morning, was great Sam was a superstar and even the OH was a bit more with it this morning:biggrin:

Wow you guys are mad!

But the other morning u was at the yard 6:15, that's my record so far but 100% agree you can't beat an early morning ride!

You are all mad!

Glad you had a good ride though.

Now 9pm riding with a Pimms at the pub on the way home is more my style. :)

Went on a dawn hack thru Epping Forest from a RS a couple of weeks ago. It was wonderful. On the way back (so now about 6.30) we saw some guys playing golf and were all discussing how mad you'd have to be to play golf at that time in the morning. Then it suddenly struck us that they probably thought we were barking! The 5 am gardener was probably muttering - riding at this time - how strange! :wink:

:

A member of the 5.30 AM (< that's AM) riding club

Ooh - I am liking that club name - think shall pop on mine too.

It really is fab riding at that time in the morning, there is so little traffic and very few people and ........... no flies!! I am a bit anal about the daily temperature. Today was 3.5 degrees C and yesterday 5 degrees C. Am always happy when it is down like that because def no flies. Today I rode out in long sleeved t shirt, jumper and padded Hi Viz coat, fur lined boots and my hands and legs were freezing. Must dig out fleece lined jods! Now at 8.30 this morning I would never have believed I needed all that as it was 13.5 degrees C.

Can see I have sent everyone to sleep with the temperature report today!

5AM gardening???? That is strange!:ninja:

Very well done on your hack though, tomorrow he will be better behaved I am sure.....at 5am.....

I also got up and out hacking at 5.30 this morning, was great Sam was a superstar and even the OH was a bit more with it this morning:biggrin:

lol well tomorrow we wont be hacking (or riding so early) as its bin day for the entire village tomorrow morning and everyone puts their bags out the day before - I think his brain would melt possibly. However saturday is looking very much like a 5am hack day :biggrin:

I will join this club of yours very soon, just need to work my way up to it! :smoke:

Well Done on your early morning ride LF, I bet you feel all chilled knowing you've ridden for the day :smug:

Must admit its lovely knowing that its ticked off my to do list and i don't feel like it's got in the way of hubby time or family time etc (although hubby was up when i got up said he hadn't felt well but he was playing final fantasy online a internet adventure game he likes)

Also meant i wasn't quite so tired for my 5k jog/run tonight :)

You are all mad!

Glad you had a good ride though.

Now 9pm riding with a Pimms at the pub on the way home is more my style. :)

Hmm, I'd to the 9pm ride with pimms (ONLY with the pimms!) if i could get away with it but hubby feels a bit neglected if i leave him at home to often in the evening on his own.
A member of the 5.30 AM (< that's AM) riding club

Ooh - I am liking that club name - think shall pop on mine too.

It really is fab riding at that time in the morning, there is so little traffic and very few people and ........... no flies!! I am a bit anal about the daily temperature. Today was 3.5 degrees C and yesterday 5 degrees C. Am always happy when it is down like that because def no flies. Today I rode out in long sleeved t shirt, jumper and padded Hi Viz coat, fur lined boots and my hands and legs were freezing. Must dig out fleece lined jods! Now at 8.30 this morning I would never have believed I needed all that as it was 13.5 degrees C.

Can see I have sent everyone to sleep with the temperature report today!

Yep wish you could have warned me about the temp BEFORE this morning lol. I rode out in normal jodhs, chaps and a polo shirt with hi-viz simple vest over the top - it was cold!!! I didn't think i got so cold in the summer nights! Makes me feel not so bad for the horses though as it isn't warm all the time.

Last edited:
You should add it to your soggy sjp, maybe mad batters would be more fitting lol!

LF, what's this about your 5k run in the evening? Are you superwoman fitting all this in?:bounce:

Yep wish you could have warned me about the temp BEFORE this morning lol. I rode out in normal jodhs, chaps and a polo shirt with hi-viz simple vest over the top - it was cold!!! I didn't think i got so cold in the summer nights! Makes me feel not so bad for the horses though as it isn't warm all the time.[/QUOTE]

Sorry - yes I should have!! Make sure you wrap up warm - but spec you will now!!!

You should add it to your soggy sjp, maybe mad batters would be more fitting lol!

Yes, I have done already - am not really a stalker!! Must get more of us out early in the am!!

Yes, I have done already - am not really a stalker!! Must get more of us out early in the am!!

lol, it's nice to know there are a few of us riding out together in essence lol, like a group hack almost :giggle:

LF, what's this about your 5k run in the evening? Are you superwoman fitting all this in?:bounce:

Be honest, with 5 kids and a grumpy husband at home wouldn't you want to get out lots when they're all at home??!

no really it's what happens when you stupidly see the 10k race for life avertised and start gloating 'I could do that' then before you know it you have loads of sponsers and you actually start thinking, god i'd better get training lol.

So running 3-4 times a week at the moment. My 10k race for life debut is in three weeks now.

Plus tonight it gave me some thinking time as i *think* that somhow today i sold our house and may have bought another one :redface::spin: think i'm just a bit bewildered about it all at the moment. I hate change and thats quite a big change lol.

We can go on a crusade sjp:biggrin:

I rode in a tshirt this morning, was not cold at all, maybe I have more insulation than you ladies:smoke:

Doubt it, just have dreadful circulation. Even on the hottest days my concession is a long sleeved t shirt and a body warmer:frown:

I rode in a tshirt this morning, was not cold at all, maybe I have more insulation than you ladies:smoke:

maybe it's warmer where you are? :giggle: I'm pretty sure i've got more then enough covering for warmth purposes - wouldn't mind getting rid of some of it but it doesn't seem to want to leave.:mstickle:

lol, it's nice to know there are a few of us riding out together in essence lol, like a group hack almost :giggle:

Plus tonight it gave me some thinking time as i *think* that somhow today i sold our house and may have bought another one :redface::spin: think i'm just a bit bewildered about it all at the moment. I hate change and thats quite a big change lol.

How exciting, I hate change too, but will be fab :skip:

How exciting, I hate change too, but will be fab :skip:

I know but it's a huge change! Means the kids get there own bedrooms though (going from a really nice 3 bed to a um unique in taste 6 bedroom house). Only 13 miles from where i live now but it does mean a 20 min drive to the ponies instead of a 5 min walk, and the kids have got to change schools probably and offers have all been accepted but i've got to sort the mortgage out which isn't going to be fun as we are both self employed.... and.. and... and....:redface:

LF-good point re getting out the house! Lol! I will also chat to you both whilst hacking tomorrow, on our group hack lol:biggrin:

I know it's big change but a few months down the line you and the kids (and the grumpy OH) will all be loving it having loads of space:angel:

newrider.com