Name the insect- add yours

They were very very still. As in dead still. :oops:
I didn't know until the top one fell off.

We should keep this as an ongoing thread, I am always finding things that I don't know what they are. Great pics BTW.

Today I found some tiny ladybirds and thought they were youngsters, turns out they were a different species (16 spot)

We should keep this as an ongoing thread, I am always finding things that I don't know what they are. Great pics BTW.

Today I found some tiny ladybirds and thought they were youngsters, turns out they were a different species (16 spot)

I haven't seen anh ladybirds yet. At our old house they used to gather around the gate catches. Lovely aren't they? Tho one of my brothers reckons he got bitten by one !!! Not sure about that tho!

They were both dead? Now that's a bit odd
Yes they were and later on I found another that was also dead.
It's gone cold here and yesterday I had my coat back on.
Maybe they lay eggs and die, lifespan is two months.

Reactions: MrA
I haven't seen anh ladybirds yet. At our old house they used to gather around the gate catches. Lovely aren't they? Tho one of my brothers reckons he got bitten by one !!! Not sure about that tho!

I have also been bitten by then :D

Hope you don't mind me posting a pic of my ladybirdreceived_10159169369280156.jpeg I lifted a bucket off the top of this tub and there was about 20 all huddled together. Sadly by the time I had got my phone they had all dispersed, felt bad for disturbing them.

Reactions: Trewsers
Hope you don't mind me posting a pic of my ladybirdView attachment 88215 I lifted a bucket off the top of this tub and there was about 20 all huddled together. Sadly by the time I had got my phone they had all dispersed, felt bad for disturbing them.
Are these the babies or a different type?
Add any photos, we love photos. :)

Reactions: Trewsers

Updated the title to encourage others to add bugs.

Reactions: MrA
newrider.com