My spotty ponio jumping and having a blast!!

devonlass

May 20, 2006
devon
Hey all just a quick update on my spotty ponio.He has been a busy bee with his young partner in crime aka my little sharer,I'm not sure who is more mad him or her lol.

Anyway I started teaching him to jump a couple of months ago on the lunge,and my young helper decided she would be more than happy to try finishing his education from on board (she absolutely loves jumping,does 3ft+ with no stirrups just for fun in her lessons lol).
I have had no input in this as he is so badly behaved when I am there (naps to me for a passtime and generally becomes a silly mummy's boy idiot but goes beautifully when I'm not present,muppet that he is!!),so all credit to my little friend she has done a fantastic job getting him to this stage in just a few weeks (bearing in mind she can only come once or twice a week and even that depends on weather so not a lot of time at all really),and I am so very proud of them both.

So a couple of pics of them having a blast and riding nicely in the big field a few weeks ago,and also some jumping ones from the past few days.

Although have permission to post pics as she is a minor I don't feel right about putting them up without cropping (apart from one where can't make out who it is anyway!!) so excuse the lack of a head lol

ETA: Photobucket is being ridiculously slow so can only put up one jumping pic for now but will get some others up soon.

Marbinbigfield-1.png

Marbhavingablast.png

Snapshot_3_12-18-2011_5-27_PM.png

Thanks all for the nice comments,he is going very well at the moment and am so pleased with him (most days anyway lol,he still has his 'moments' when he thinks he can:wink:).

You should all be very proud of yourselves:biggrin:

I am so proud of Marb and my little sharer,they have come so far together in such a short time,and are the best of friends,is lovely to see them TBH.Her absolute fearlessness and up for it attitude is a bit of a bonus as well lol.

I haven't honestly had a lot of input in the riding side due to silly foot problems and lack of time (in fact I only got back on board for the first time in months a couple of weeks ago),so I really can't take any credit for that.

I guess though that considering when I bought him he had never left the farm he grew up on and couldn't even pick up his feet or get a rug on him without 3 people present lol,then perhaps I have played some part in making him who he is today.
He hasn't always been easy,but he has mostly been great fun and very rewarding:happy:

Lovely markings, what is his breeding?

Thank you,I always think his markings are quite pretty but nice to hear others say so too:smile:
I am not certain of his breeding TBH,he's not registered sadly.I am pretty certain of his sire,but not so much his dam.Have spoke to his breeders and basically they run a pure bred appy stallion with a load of native type mares on Bodmin moor,so he is appy x Bodmin moor pony whatever that means lol.

He has decent substance to him,a fairly good mane and tail,and a reasonably thick coat,so I would guess that is the native in him,the rest for better or worse is pure appy lol

Oh he looks fab and lots of fun! You must be over the moon with your sharer too.

I am thrilled with my sharer:biggrin:,and thank my lucky stars the day she responded to my ad.I almost didn't consider her due to her age,but am I glad I took that chance as she has worked out brilliantly.Totally dedicated (she comes out in all weathers as often as she can,even though lives about 12 miles away),and adores Marb probably as much as I do,which is the main thing for me.

Looks like he's enjoying himself.

That first ever jump is memorable brings it all back.

newrider.com