my new horsey arrives home! -** pics ** :)

P

PatchyPony

Wow! WHat a morning!!! I didnt sleep a wink last night!

He loaded with no probs... and here he is settling into his new field!! Saddle is gonna be a prob though as we stopped with him to get a fitting done and he is a 16.5inch 7xwide!:eek::D
Cant believe Im the proud owner of my very own ponio!! Will have to change my sig now -- dreams do come true!!!!!!
Danny Boy!!!
DannyBoy010.jpg

DannyBoy007.jpg

he's a stunner-congratulations.

Just a word about his saddle, he looks like he might have a little weight to loose, so maybe work on the lunge/long lines to do that before you buy a saddle, but you will get one to fit, we have odd shaped horses a plenty where I am and theres one out there for all of them.

Wow lovely horse! My new boy arrives on Wednesday fingers crossed :)

Congratulations! He looks a lovely boy - did you say he was a Fell?

Hope you both have lots of fun together!

hiya,

aww, thanks all :) I am so pleased with him. It's true love!!

He is just turned 11, and is a registered fell (Ravenscairn) but not show quality cos of his white bits, and the fact he is 14.1hh! He was gelded late, hence the neck, lol, and he gets a bit excited with the lassies:eek:
He has been mainly a driving pony but was lovely to ride when I tried him although not done much in the school obviously. He is loads of fun and full of character. Here is a pic from today. I spent the afternoon 'bonding'. Lots of grooming. led him about the yard and round the school a few times. there was much snorting and prancing:D Re saddle, yes heis fat! I did knind of think it might be a bad idea just to make do with a saddle for now that isnt a great fit. Surely if I buy one they can re-fit it in 6 monthd if necessary?
DannyBoy021.jpg

DannyBoy043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oh hes lovely, glad you got him in the end:D

What about a treeless saddle? Then you wont have to go through the hassle and expense of having it re fitted and reflocked:D

oh hes lovely, glad you got him in the end:D

What about a treeless saddle? Then you wont have to go through the hassle and expense of having it re fitted and reflocked:D

there's an idea! Any recommendatoins/websiteI could look at? CAn you get a treeless that looks like a normal saddle though? All the ones Ive seen look like western style and Im not that keen....

thanks, will have a wee lookey. He fits a cob size headcollar, but his bridle is also a prob, the cheekpeices are ok, but the thoat lash&browband are too small!

his personality sounded good on your other thread and its good you have an explanation for the big crest :)

he looks a happy chappy and i'm sure you'll have good fun with him

newrider.com