My Missing saddle....

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
UPDATE !!!!!

Got my saddle back tonight at 7 pm ( strange considering it was put in the bin unopened supposedly by a neighbour up the road)...... Theiving bitch that she is.

How ever I am happy that I finally got my saddle back. I REALLY SHOULD NAME AND SHAME BUT LUCKILY i AM A NICE PERSON. They sold my £380 saddle for £20.... and ended up with a £90 instant fine for theft of goods not belonging to them :)

I am just pleased I didnt lose out as paypal were worse than useless helping me. We lost 3 potentially 4 disputes against the seller :(

I am so glad you got the saddle back. I can't believe that someone took it and sold it, that is just hideous! How did you nail them in the end?

My friend who has a fell pony to asked me in facebook chat what saddle of mine was missing I told her a saddle company saddle... she rung me to tell me she hacked out with a girl on her yard who had recently bought a bargain saddle company saddle for £20 on facebook selling page..... they had bought it off a non horsey woman... who delivered it... I rang the police and they came tonight I could have pressed charges but as I got my saddle back i asked that she pay a on the spot fine.

I had call from girl who bought the saddle today and told her if the saddle wasnt back this evening she would be done for handling stolen property.... :D

Reactions: Jayne and Jessey
What a horribly convoluted story it became, but I'm so glad there was a happy ending. Certainly put me off PayPal tho!!!

Reactions: Native Lover
Im glad you got your saddle beck NL but have to stick up a bit for the seller and paypal, the seller posted it out tracked so they held up their end of the transaction, paypal will see that the seller did what they were supposed to ie post to you tracked, it isn't fair to blame them if one of your neighbours decided to take delivery on your behalf and then sell it on. Just saying. I totally understand how horrible and frustrating it was for you but you have to put yourself in the sellers shoes for a minute, how would you feel if it was you who had posted out the saddle in good faith?

Im glad you got your saddle beck NL but have to stick up a bit for the seller and paypal, the seller posted it out tracked so they held up their end of the transaction, paypal will see that the seller did what they were supposed to ie post to you tracked, it isn't fair to blame them if one of your neighbours decided to take delivery on your behalf and then sell it on. Just saying. I totally understand how horrible and frustrating it was for you but you have to put yourself in the sellers shoes for a minute, how would you feel if it was you who had posted out the saddle in good faith?

I do know the seller posted it out.... but he addressed it to the wrong house..... when I pointed this out he was absolutely no help at all... washing his hands of it....... if he had contacted the courier like I asked it would have been resolved even sooner without all the hassle we had :(

On your other thread you said it was good news as PayPal wanted more info. The seller had three days to prove it was delivered to your address or they would reimburse you.

If you were using someone else's PayPal account that could be why. Don't know sounds odd.

I am so pleased you have had a good result in the end but my you had to work for it - guess the person who bought it for 20 pound has lost out but let that be a lesson to her -you cant buy a bona fide saddle that cheap and if you do you know its not right and as for the naughty neighbours - they were let off lightly in my opinion -if everyone behaved like them when they received a parcel that they clearly knew wasn't theirs - all internet transactions would become bleak I guess as no one could trust anyone

I do know the seller posted it out.... but he addressed it to the wrong house..... when I pointed this out he was absolutely no help at all... washing his hands of it....... if he had contacted the courier like I asked it would have been resolved even sooner without all the hassle we had :(

Ah sorry NL I hadn't read all of the replies to your other thread, anyway I'm glad you finally got it sorted.

newrider.com