Muck boots / short wellies

Star the Fell

Jun 14, 2015
i need a pair of short, pull on or zip up boots with a good grip to walk to and from the yard in. Bought a pair of ROK boots which are great except they have absolutely no grip, I was slipping on wet concrete this morning.
I dont want to spend a fortune. I usually wear my old hiking boots, but the laces drive me nuts...I always seem to get them in a knot when I'm trying to change into my riding boots.
Not got a huge budget....

I always swore I wouldn't, but I bought a pair of Dunlop wellies and cannot fault them at all. Asides from looking ugly - hence why I held off so long.

Under £15 including buying a seperate pair of gel insoles.

I have a pair of cheap old lady shoes :oops: the suede ones that just pull on, with super grippy soles. They sure ain't pretty but are ideal for diving in the garden or legging it to the horses without the faf and they were only about £12

I have Dunlop wellies too. Best I have ever bought for round the yard. But not great for long walks even with insoles in, as they don't support my feet enough.
Old lady shoes is a great idea, will have a look, I'm sure I've seen some with Velcro fastenings. They should have better support too.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com