Mrs P & *crazy-chaz* do stressage

Iron Maiden

Koumpounophobic?
Sep 14, 2006
UK
...and she was a lovely laydee! She was a bit behind the leg - always is TBH - but she's getting better so I think it's a training/confidence issue primarily. She got 6s for everything except walking, for which we scored a 7 :D Yay, we can walk! So that was 60.45% (I am very proud of the .45% :cool:), she came about 7th out of 20 I think so clever girl. It was prelim 19 which must be one of the harder prelims, though I don't think we'll be trying any novice tests for a while, they is HARD!

Here are a couple of pix!

Trot work - OMG my heels :eek: No need to critique, spotted that!

Stubley008.jpg

Walking, we can do that.

Stubley009.jpg

Canter - terrible hands, what are they doing, mixing a cake or something - Mrs P's expression says it all!

Stubley010.jpg

Stubley013.jpg

And trotting again 'allowing the horse to stretch' (but not very much - something else to work on)

Stubley014.jpg

Aaaah lovely Mrs P!

Stubley018.jpg

So I have lots of homework for next time.

I will let Chaz tell you how she got on...... ;)

Helaww there fancy 'seeing' you here :rolleyes::p
love the pic quotations - my mum just spotted me looking at her pics on the pc & was v proud :cool:

I will let Chaz tell you how she got on......

Ohh thanks, so the 'pleasure' is all mine :rolleyes: lol

well basically, it didn't go too well.
but it could of been alot worse & wasn't as bad as last time (mind, you nothing could of been as bad as last time - we were doing buckaroos, rears & airs above the ground :eek:) So it's a smiley day today!

well she started off with her head in the clouds :rolleyes: :(
then because i was trying to persuade her to bring it down to a reasonable level, our centre line wasn't straight.
then i thoguht it went ok for a while. the judge thought different. :rolleyes: but thats the way we learn & improve.
then the canter was atrocious. The worse rein for getting her on the correct lead was 1st, & she turned herself in on the circle, did disunited & bucked :mad:
then on the good rein she did disunited again! :(
by that time i had basically given up trying to get her to do outline.

more to follow..

after the test i was miffed about the canter but then came to the conclusion it was my fault she was acting like that because i was so stressed. so she is forgiven :) lol
we got a 7 for our free walk :D

then me & IM went for a lil hack round dronny. & when we got back my mum was there holding a red rosette.
well i thought IM had won, but turned out i was the only Junior in my class! :eek: so in a sense we won & it made my month to get a red rosette :D

managed to get a good head shot of her posing with her rosette :rolleyes: -
SP_A1303.jpg

you can post some vids if you like IM. :)

Were you at Stubley Hollow? Just looks familiar to me. If so was it a Hallamshire riding club competition? Just curious. Well done anyway.

Well done you two as well :) Even if it didn't go as smoothly as you'd have liked at least you had a go, that's what counts :)

Doing something in a competition away from home is a completely different kettle of fish to doing it at home with no pressure and noone watching :)

but turned out i was the only Junior in my class! :eek: so in a sense we won & it made my month to get a red rosette :D

managed to get a good head shot of her posing with her rosette :rolleyes: -
SP_A1303.jpg

Congratulations even if it didn't go quite as planned :D 7 for a free walk is a good mark so you should be proud of yourself and Whisper :D

She's very pretty, that's a lovely photo x

Here you go Chaz - a little clip + commentary :eek:

And us after our hack - bit dark, I think the glow in the dark bits on Yann's Alpha TM jacket might have made the camera go funny :D

Stubley015.jpg

Little & large!

Well done both of you :)

Mrs P looks as gorgeous as ever :D It's hard to believe that she's still such a baby.

Chaz, you should be pleased with yourself :) Judging by that video she's a whizzy little madam and they're never the easiest for dressage :D I thought you were going to leave the arena at one point and was very impressed that you didn't :D

LOL, do you find that your mouth turns as dry as a desert?? horse looks good though.

tip for your paws, i used to in trot always raise my heels, try taking your stirrups up a hole, and try not rising so high.

another way to think it..... when trotting forget the horse for a bit, think striaght back head up shoulders back (stick your **** outs) and straighten your sternham, which should happen when you square the shoulders and push the chest out,

not having a go just i suffered the same! when i concentrated on my top half my heels went down, also the rising to high and straight up didnt help!

LOL, do you find that your mouth turns as dry as a desert?? horse looks good though.

tip for your paws, i used to in trot always raise my heels, try taking your stirrups up a hole, and try not rising so high.

another way to think it..... when trotting forget the horse for a bit, think striaght back head up shoulders back (stick your **** outs) and straighten your sternham, which should happen when you square the shoulders and push the chest out,

not having a go just i suffered the same! when i concentrated on my top half my heels went down, also the rising to high and straight up didnt help!

Thanks for the tips! If I put my stirrups up I just do ballet dancer impressions with shorter stirrups :eek: I do rise too high when Mrs P is behind the leg though, I think I'm trying to pick Mrs P up between my calves & fling her forwards - won't work obviously! I'm currently imagining that I'm firing lazer beams out my **** to exterminate the crowd so my abs don't collapse. *Sigh* Jumping is so much easier, even if I do fall off periodically :rolleyes:

lol i quite enjoy dressage, it feels like its over in seconds!, the lift your sternham up and shoulders make may help,

when teaching another thing i find that helps leg/feet is to tie your stirrups to the girth!

Aww shes lovely!! Shes a very similar build to my mare, is she an Irish Cob type? :) Have fun with any future competitions :D

Thanks! Her dad is a bit of a Heinz 57 but there is some Welsh cob & a lot of Irish Draught in there as far as I can gather. Her mum is Dutch warmblood x TB believe it or not! She is quite a decent middleweight & does look a bit cobby - probably less so when the showing season starts & her fuzzy legs get trimmed :( I'd love to leave them but her type aren't supposed to be all that hairy.

newrider.com