Modern carriages???

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
People were going googley eyed over these carriages at Equine Affaire yesterday.
IMG_2029.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG
Every one was ooh and ahhh over them so sleek and lovely people were saying.

Is this the wave of the future for driving showing??
They are pretty in their own modern sterile:confused: sort of way but I love the look of a
Nice wooden cart.:D:D;);):):).

I don't drive but even watching a driving class I'm much prefer to see lovely wooden rather than these modern carts.

Those are not show carriages and would not be allowed in the show ring here unless it was a specific exercise cart class.

They are specific HDT and not suitable for the show ring at all, not even for presentation and dressage at higher levels

Reactions: Ruskii
This is a modern carriage on traditional lines so this is a show vehicle, I had it made specifically to suit my own purpose. But you;d never take it to a HDT.
So modern carts are still built along traditional lines. Even though it has disc brakes and the traditional spindle brake too.

Those are not show carriages and would not be allowed in the show ring here unless it was a specific exercise cart class.

They are specific HDT and not suitable for the show ring at all, not even for presentation and dressage at higher levels
Not just for exercise they are for the hazard stage of a HDT so built to slide off obstacles they will be a specific weight and width have delayed steering and fancy add ons like that. For the show ring the only classes they'd be eligible for is exercise and pleasure driving

Yours has the lovely look I like!!;);):):):D:D

Ahh ok so its made mostly for an obstacle course.???
I suppose if I'm bumping around obstacles and thru water etc I'd
rather metal than wood.
I guess they can take it after and hose it off?

OK I looked up HDT-- horse driving trials.;)

Reactions: Trewsers
Yours has the lovely look I like!!;);):):):D:D

Ahh ok so its made mostly for an obstacle course.???
I suppose if I'm bumping around obstacles and thru water etc I'd
rather metal than wood.
I guess they can take it after and hose it off?

OK I looked up HDT-- horse driving trials.;)
I don;t think I have seen any wood on any modern HDT vehicle, The modern ones can sheer a telegraph pole off at ground level with 4 big horses up front and carry on and finish the course with just a few scratches.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Id love a proper marathon cart to charge round the countryside with posy! Sadly there are no events here which involve obstacles, but they are starting next year cones event classes which I hope to get posy and Peerieman to! They don't come cheap those marathon vehicles !

newrider.com