Mare & Foal Trailer?

Lot1983

Oct 16, 2006
The Cotswolds
Does anyone have one? Bailey travels better (or so it appears) in a wider trailer, I don't really want a 510/511 as she is only 13.2hh and we (currently) only have a BMW 320D but are looking at potentially an Audi A6 for towing. I don't fancy a single horse trailer but a mare and foal one could be ideal?

Not worried about weights are trailer tests are in the pipeline.

Cheval Libertie do one: http://www.chevaltrailers.co.uk/single-mare-foal.html

I looked into them and was going to opt for a Ifor Williams 401, it's classed as a single trailer but wider than most mare and foal trailers, and the ifors hold their value well and are sturdy.

Decided to stick with my 510 though and just use a single breast bar when she is on her own, as then I can take 2 horses if I want :)

Why not a single trailer? Friend had one - really nice and no awkward questions about taking others out, and less weight to tow so smaller vehicle required?

They just don't look stable to me! I'd be frightened to death towing one!

I have decided against travelling Ben in any sort of trailer. He is so big and heavy and I would have to drive round country roads. The thought just scares me.

The single trailers look very unstable unless you are transporting a tiny pony.

I had an older ( but refurbished) rice trailer for my 15hh cob, he would sweat up alot however I would travel him without the partition and had a full length front breast bar and he would stand herringbone in it happily.

The best vehicle he travelled in was a rear facing 3.5t

newrider.com