Maine Coon cats?

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
Anyone on here fortunate enough to have a Maine Coon kitteh? One of my ambitions in life is to one day (when we buy a house) have a Maine Coon in my life (I like my cats big. And fluffy!), so if anyone wants to share pics and stories, that'd be lovely :) Been googling around a bit - not many breeders out there it seems!

Julia
x

I dont but my best friend La had two...mr marmite and haggis...both adorable and huge!!!!! She wont mind me showing you pics :biggrin:
Mr Marmite
marm.jpg

A young Haggis
bags.jpg

x

When I get back to work on Monday I can get the number of a local breeder, do you want me to PM you? They are lovely people and have the MOST beautiful kittens.

oooh dont tempt me, I can't have any just yet - currently living in a flat with quite small garden and two moggies already :) got to move house first :) good to know there's local breeders though :)

You asked for it :)
I have 2 sisters from the same litter. They are 2.5 years old and are called Rosie and Lilly. They are un neutered and on the breeding register so maybe when you are in a house I might have got round to breeding from them :)
They are known as the dogs of the cat world as they have so much character. They do a sort of beautiful chirp instead of miaow and are very chatty, in fact, they usually tell you they are going to do something naughty, then come back and tell you they did it ! :)
They love playing with water and always join me in the bathroom demanding that I turn the taps on for them, and play with bubbles and my toes when I'm in the bath. They also follow me everywhere around the house and supervise whatever I'm doing (with commentary !).
I love coming home to them and couldn't imagine life without them. It would certainly be a lot more boring. They love sitting on my lap or along the back of the chair, and sleep on the bed with me.
I love them so much I just bought a new electric under blanket with duel controls so they can have their side of the bed warm all night !!!!
This is Rosie testing out my barefoot saddle..

close contact by dragonfarmgirl, on Flickr,

Go away ! by dragonfarmgirl, on Flickr
and as a kitten

new 081 by dragonfarmgirl, on Flickr
and stopping me from packing

need sorting 033 by dragonfarmgirl, on Flickr
This is pretty Lilly helping me unwrap christmas decorations

piccys 118 by dragonfarmgirl, on Flickr
and posing perfectly

piccys 131 by dragonfarmgirl, on Flickr.
Both of them relaxing on their chair :)

layabouts by dragonfarmgirl, on Flickr
Hope that is not too many pics but they are pretty special :)
xxxx

My best friend acquired a main coon a few months back. She's nuts, and HUGE! she's an indoor cat (I don't really agree with that, but hey ho).

I'm not a big cat fan, but she is growing on me. Though her penchant for jumping on my head while I'm sleeping is wearing a bit thin :giggle: She did however come and curl up on my tummy while watching tv the other day, she's not a cuddly cat in the slightest, so I think she likes me....sometimes!

I don't think I have any photos unfortunately, but think big and floofy!

yep, i got a nuts (moggie variety) one, too! can't pick her up for love nor money but she enforces cuddles by standing on my head smooshing my eyelids at 7am sharp. or sets up camp ON the laptop whilst i'm trying to use it .... or lies around my neck (she's huge btw!) blocking my vision so I can't watch telly .... I love her dearly :wub:

Sorry notpoodle - with all the talk of breeders, I wasn't sure!

Meant to say eariler, all the kittehs are GORGEOUS!

Aren't Main Coons and Norwegian Forests the same breed?

yeah, I was wondering that, too - they look very very similar, don't they? Maybe they just originate from different countries with similar climates/habitats?

re: breeders - no issues with proper registered breeders (although, again, personally I go for rescues), it's the backyard ones that are so awful :(

@ dragonfarmgirl - sorry, only just spotted your piccies - they are absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing :) funnily enough, I am looking at my cat Chloe perching on .... my Barefoot saddle! as we speak :D

Last edited:
I LOVE Maine coon cats. I live in Maine...=) coon cats are really popular here as you can imagine. We think at least a couple of our farm kitties have some Maine coon in them.

I thought you guys would appreciate these piccies. I'm looking after my friends cat this weekend.

c1aa6f44.jpg

d50b6b52.jpg

700da5fa.jpg

And right now she is...
aa99cc17.jpg

newrider.com