magnetic tendon boots

Dec 1, 2008
Hi

My horse has a tendon injury at the moment and I am interested in trying out some magnetic boots.

Has anyone tried these? What makes are good? Anyone got any to sell? ;)

Thanks

You use magnetic tendon boots to ride in usually, I would get leg wraps, I have heard they are quite good, but never used them.

I have used them for tendon healing, my vet said that i could try them but there was no proof they would make a difference. At our second scan he was impressed with it, then after a setback (horse got away when out an inhand walk and galloped round a massive field twice!!) we had an emergency scan and her tendon was ok. Private mail me if you want n i can tell you more, we are still on the recovery road butn its been an eye opener!!

I have used them for tendon healing, my vet said that i could try them but there was no proof they would make a difference. At our second scan he was impressed with it, then after a setback (horse got away when out an inhand walk and galloped round a massive field twice!!) we had an emergency scan and her tendon was ok. Private mail me if you want n i can tell you more, we are still on the recovery road butn its been an eye opener!!

Thanks! Have pm'd you!

I use them. My horse had a ligament and tendon injury, along with DJD in a fetlock joint. To go with his treatment I used Bioflow tendon wraps. They really helped increasing the bloodflow and as such the healing process (swelling dramatically reduced). The first week he wore them he shook and stamped the injured leg for the first 20 mins (time reduced each time boots were worn). We believe he had a lack of blood supply in the injured leg, which when increased by boots, caused a pins and needles effect. Other back leg no signs of this as healthy.

Definately feel they help, and even now injury is healed, I still use them as not doing any harm...!

I am the same, she still gets her boots on overnight. What impressed me was that normally when my girl is in overnight her legs get a bit puffy and by the time you have got to the field its away but with the wraps on it didnt happen and that was on complete box rest.

Yes Lance was on complete box rest when I started using them too.

The first night he had them left on all night, in the morning the boot was around his hoof rather than above fetlock, as swelling at fetlock had reduced so much :D

newrider.com