Loop Ring snaffles (Bit help please)

CurlyWurlyRach

Curly Wurly 1997 - 2009
Apr 11, 2006
Yorkshire! land of the sheepies!
Are they similar in action to a gag (ie. raising the head)?

Curly (now she's getting substantially fitter) is getting strong and im looking to get her a bit thats a little stronger than her current loose ring happy mouth roller snaffle.

I only want to go slightly stronger and im debating between a hanging cheek, a loop ring or something else. I don't want anything that will lift her head as she can rear.

Bear in mind when she was at full fitness last year she was in a pelham but she is better schooled now so i don't want to go nearly as strong, just need a little more than my snaffle with the idea that i can always downgrade back to the snaffle once she learns that running off is not clever!

x

true.the willki i found useless no poll pressure at all. not that i wanted it for that. i stuck with the hanging cheek. can you borrow lots of bits to try? see what suits her best.:)

I have the loopring hun and it makes Kia lower his head as it gently turns in the mouth and acts on the poll but doesnt have a severe poll action if that makes sense.

Kia works lovely in it and because it is thin he cant grab at it and bolt (his fav pastime at a rideout lol).

Would recommend it over a hanging cheek as it acts on the poll before the mouth but is very gentle.

Nikki xxxx

newrider.com