Looks like he's about to wee, then doesn't!

That's about the only way I can say it! The other day, Jet stretched out, as if he's out to urinate - but then didn't move - or do anything! Then he walks on..then stops, stretches into the wee stance (sorry!) but doesn't wee. Could this be related to a back problem? :confused:He's due to have his saddle checked again.

There are a couple of riding school horses who do this at my place. In their case they want to get out of work and have a rest! Could this be a factor?

i bet hes just arsing around, seeing if he can get out of work.

does he urinate normally otherwise, or is it a disrupted flow, smelly or dark coloured?

There are a couple of riding school horses who do this at my place. In their case they want to get out of work and have a rest! Could this be a factor?

He is a cheeky monkey and will usually do anything to get out of work (once I got after him with the schooling whip (was lunging at the time) it didn't seem to bother him. I was just a bit concerned, aside from being embarrased as people rode past while he was standing there having a stretch!

my friends horse does this to take the (quite literally) p*ss. :rolleyes:
and it quite hard to make them move on while they are acting as though they are! :D

Does he only do this when ridden? In my experience horses rarely do this sort of thing unless some discomfort. Could be back or maybe foot pain. If your saddle is not the problem and horse still does this then I would get the vet out or ask the farrier to check his feet with hoof testers. Could he have laminitis? Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Does he only do this when ridden? In my experience horses rarely do this sort of thing unless some discomfort. Could be back or maybe foot pain. If your saddle is not the problem and horse still does this then I would get the vet out or ask the farrier to check his feet with hoof testers. Could he have laminitis? Hope you get to the bottom of it.

I'm not sure it's foot pain - he went flat out on a 3 hour hack through the woods yesterday - I couldn't stop! He seems ok with the saddle when ridden (when lunging him I just did it with a roller). Farrier was out last week. I plan to do a saddle fitting soon though so hopefully that will eliminate that reason.

newrider.com