Long Distance Mucking Out!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Gosh.... finally there are slim pickings in the field and the boys are showing more interest in their haynets so this week I have started bringing them in. They will just come in for 4 nights this week and next and then once I get paid I will start asking YM to turn them out for me on my work mornings so they will come in every night.

Anyhoo.... this also coincides with a renewed weight-loss/increase fitness drive from yours truly.... I have become somewhat sloth-like since not having to poo-pick any more and I don't like it. I dug out my Fitbit and charged it up last night so that I can start monitoring my steps and activities. Was mighty surprised to see that mucking out my four this morning meant that I actually walked about four and a half miles worth of steps! The gate for the field is only about 40ft across the yard so I can't even blame having to walk miles to the field! No wonder I felt a tad jaded when I got home for my belated brekkie! :p

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Yep I power muck! Heheeeee. Think it helps loads with weight loss and keeps me a lot fitter plus its a great way to start the day.:)

Blimey that's loads, I might have to put my garmin on when I'm pottering around the yard on Saturday and see what I manage

It would be interesting to know how far I walk when Im down the yard, my container where I keep all my things is quite a way from the stables and I'm always backwards and forwards from there as I always forget something!

I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 that comes with a health app and a pedometer included. Or you could download one, @Ale ?

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com