Loan with view to buy contract

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
I have found a BHS loan agreement, and it would appear that most people just add or delete clauses to make it a LWVTB contract to suit. Obviously if the loaner is requesting a vetting and it fails/passes then the loaner pays these costs. Is there any wording that can be added for vetting, ie if the loaner pays out for vetting costs during the loan period and the owner changes there mind on selling, can the loaner ask for the seller to reimburse the cost of the vetting.

If you have reached the point of agreeing a price subject to vetting, and then arranging a vetting then you are, surely, in the same position as anyone who buys a horse. I am not aware that pre-sales contracts are common. I've never felt the need for one. Is there a particular reason you worry that the seller might change their mind so late in the day?

If the horse fails the vetting you don't get your money back and a seller is obliged to pullout anytime before money changes hands.

It's your choice to get the horse vetted so you can't reclaim that money should the sale fall through.

newrider.com