Livery yards sunderland?

stressy

Apr 22, 2009
sunderland
Sorry another livery post! This is just an tentative post to see what my options might be if I move in with my bf who lives in sunderland. I work in east durham so would ideally need to be on the way/ not too far away from the a19. Would be looking for DIY,south shields, chester le street and plawsworth really wouldnt be any good. i know Penshaw equestrain centre do livery but its so expensive! there is a place a bit further up that road but I know nothing about it/ who to contact. Any ideas?

Try Brian potts yard, he is a farmer. They used to charge £15 a week for DIY livery, brilliant place with instructor on site, well maintained outdoor school, seperate mares/geldings fields etc. He is in houghton le spring, a690 turn off at the old reg vardy garage.

Alternatively there is a place just the A19 a farm run by Robin, literally a stable and field but was only £8 a week when i was last there.

Try Brian potts yard, he is a farmer. They used to charge £15 a week for DIY livery, brilliant place with instructor on site, well maintained outdoor school, seperate mares/geldings fields etc. He is in houghton le spring, a690 turn off at the old reg vardy garage.

Alternatively there is a place just the A19 a farm run by Robin, literally a stable and field but was only £8 a week when i was last there.

Oh they sound good, think I know where that brian potts place is, do you have any contact details of either for future reference? PM if youd rather.

Sorry can't find his details anywhere, i used to get my hay and straw from him too. Can give you directions, can be a little confusing because the farm is at the top of a dirt track but there are two other livery yards at the bottom which are nothing to do with brians place.

There is also a place in Offerton, again just of the A19 or you could try Dean Moulds place (the farrier).

Emma Mould at Cox Green - Dean is her brother and his place is just above hers. She has a good all weather surface and is also a good instructor.

Offerton has good all year round turn out but don't think they have an all weather arena.

Woodside Farm just the other side of the Hylton Bridge has outdoor and indoor arenas, good grazing, good hacking as owner leaves a good headland round all of his fields for the liveries to ride on. If you want directions/contact details let me know as I teach someone who is liveried there and she seems really happy.

There are several places near the A690 with good facilities. Weightman's on Warden Law road; there is a yard at Old Burdon; Greenshield's have a yard on the A690 beside the Stratstone garage; several yards on the Lambton Estate; there is Southburn Livery at Chester-Le-Street (used to be Red Rose stud); mounds of yards scattered around the Plawsworth Estate beside Chester-Le-Street

ETA there is also Leamside and Durham Equestrian but IIRC they are only full livery and quite expensive. Both got good facilities though.

Afraid I'm out of touch with prices now as we are lucky enough to have a private yard on a long lease - horsey heaven :D

Last edited:
newrider.com