Livery Yard Advice Needed!!

Ive only been on one yard. I was never given a contract, it was before they started to bring in regulations on livery yards. However when things turned sour YO started issuing letters which stated as per my contract. And this supercedes what was in my contract. They were like that though and tried to make out that i had forgotten or had misplaced my contract as id been at the yard so long. I knew id never ever been given one.

My waters says that when people leave within 24/48 hours of giving is when they give notice is because they plan to use the two week notice to see if the new place is better.
The stable is ours until 26th, so we don't need to much it out until then. Or, they've been asked to leave and we are only getting half the picture.

Either way, thanks for joining and asking because we've got something to chat about.
How many liveries actually have a contract?
This is a gamble as the yard owner doesn't have to take you back as you've ended the contract. Maybe the person just isn't happy at the yard so wanted to move as soon as possible i.e. if there is no winter turnout or something

Both yards I've been on I had to sign a proper formal contract. Both times I paid up in full until the end of the month and left early and quietly. I hate hassle of any kind and would rather just go quietly regardless.

She's saying they thought they were friends, and she did want to go back if it didn't work out.
There is a bit more info on the other thread.

We don't have a contract, it was mentioned and it's probably a good idea on terms of discussing rules etc etc.

Reactions: Trewsers
Ive only been on one yard. I was never given a contract, it was before they started to bring in regulations on livery yards. However when things turned sour YO started issuing letters which stated as per my contract. And this supercedes what was in my contract. They were like that though and tried to make out that i had forgotten or had misplaced my contract as id been at the yard so long. I knew id never ever been given one.
Livery yards are so unregulated it's scary! I think a formal contract is super important for both sides :)

Scary how unregulated livery yards are, contracts are so important for both sides imop

newrider.com