Lightweight horse trailer/box

H

heartofrainbow

Does anyone know of any really lightweight trailers/boxes?

So that the unladened weight is as low as possible!

Thanks

Bahill used to make a very lightweight but personally I wouldn't touch one too lightweight as they tend to be rather flimsy.

Thank you!

I am just looking into them at the moment.

I cannot legally tow, but have been told that I can tow upto a certain weight, and was just wondering what is out there box wise!!

Although I think I will probably have to do my trailer test, at some point any way!

I used to have a Sluis Stinger (think they might be called Saris too??) from Holland. Was v light weight, and extra high to give my lad plenty of head room (17h). Mine didn't have a front unload ramp so was v light weight, think about 740kg unladen. Great trailer and looked really smart too. There is a dealer in the south east that imports, not sure about rest of the country but there is a fair few around.

Have attached a pic of my old one so you can see. :)

Attachments

• DSC00155.jpg
    DSC00155.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 14
another lightweight trailer is the sinclair one. I used to have one and they are light to tow and horses travel really well in them.They also have plenty of headroom for bigger horses.If memory serves me rightly they weigh 750kg.

Hi,
I am also looking into it. I haven't been to the dealers yet and so haven't seen any of those trailers yet but here are the unladen weight of some of the lighter trailers:
Derby (Bateson) = 675kg
HB403 (Ifor Williams, single trailer) = 767kg
The Rosette (Richardson) and Clubman (Wessex) are around 820Kg.

newrider.com