Let's Shop!

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
Now that Amber is fit and well (hurray) time to go shopping for her.
She needs a new bridle as she is wearing one that is too small. So only does up with the cavesson removed.

She has a temporary saddle which fits her but is not great quality and not in great condition. Eventually I will get her a new saddle.

My numnah;s are all purple whihc is horrible with chestnut so she needs new saddle cloths/numnahs. Bit what colour?

So on my list is::

Bridle (now)
Saddle (later)
XC colours for me (now)
Saddle pads/numnahs. (Now)

Any ideas. Colours. Styles. Brands. These will be my forever purchases now so I want quality to last.

I'm thinking brown leather for the tack. No idea what her colours will be though.

All help gratefully received!

Join the Matchy Matchy FB page!!! You'll be spoilt for choice!

I'm coveting Benetton Blue Le Mieux for Gracie...

What do you think of this bridle? Anyone know anything about the company? English Bridles.

I shared a chestnut who wore red.... it isn't a colour that I would have picked, prior to seeing it on him but he looked bl@@dy stunning in it!

Personally i would leave the other stuff and get the saddle first. I will not ride at all until I am 100% happy with their saddle plus unless you are buying a new you can't be sure you will get a Brown one that then will not match a per bought bridle.

Reactions: Lollykay
No point buying a saddle now. She is going to change shape so much . Plus I can't afford it!

Her saddle was professionally fitted and fits her fine. It's just a bit scuffed and worn

I loved turquoise on Roxy (chestnut). It looks nice on Angel too but when I have some cash spare, we'll be getting dark pink stuff.

I need a new saddle for her too.

Try Kramer for nice saddlepads. Not as expensive as the likes of FurFeatherMeds but they still stock nice pads - I've just splashed out on some Felix Buhler & HV Polo saddle pads from there. Great customer service too :)

I don't like any red based colours on Jess as she is a very vibrant fire red chestnut, so that rules out pinks and purples too, I do think you can get away with it on the paler chestnuts though. I like strong contrasting colours, Royal blue (my colour if I get the choice), hunter green, lime, yellow, navy, white, teal etc. :)
I found this colour wheel :)
Colour wheel.PNG
I tend to buy cheaper numnahs, so I can have twice as many and keep them on rotation in the washing machine :)
I have a Jaguar bridle which I love, I went for it because it was a bit more dainty than any others I could find at the time which suited Bo's head better and was the only plain cavesson I found. I also love my zilco for different reasons, its so easy to keep clean and surprisingly soft :)

That colour wheel is ace. Thanks!! Oscar is in hunter green with emerald green accents and brown tack which looks amazing. Max is royal or navy blue with white accents. Also looks fab. So I need something different to blue or green. Maybe teal with black tack....... Thoughts?

DSC03720(2).jpg

upload_2017-2-28_9-6-3.png

Reactions: Jessey
And ok with chestnut? I think so, but others might think no way! Yellow and orange looks OK to me.

I wouldn't have orange on Jess, she's already tango enough, but the darker/liver-y chestnuts can pull it off I think :) yellow is better IMO :)
Courtesy of google a couple in yellow
chest yell 2.PNG chest yell.PNG

I'd go for brown tack personally think it looks a lot smarter than black. Bridles, I've got a Shires one on Charlie and for the price (around £50) it's really nice quality, has a comfort headpiece etc. Mine has white stitching and brass fittings and I've got the breastplates to go with it. He has the cavesson version for everyday too.IMG_20150528_172641.jpg

If you wanted to spend more the choices are endless! What style do you want? Flat hunter noseband, raised, I'm presuming just a cavesson for now? I've got a John Whitaker on my other horse and 8 years on it's still in really good condition and looks nice.

Colour wise I wouldn't have black if you have brown tack, I think black and can look too harsh against a chestnut. I'd probably go for green and a different colour, maybe emerald green and white or green and pink? Red can look ok on some chestnuts not others. If you like yellow, yellow and brown?

Saddle cloths I like Le Mieux, neutral colours like white, brown, they do a nice blue though and teal. I'm not a fan of anything too loud and bright unless you're under 16 lol so Purple would be a no from me. Eskadron do some nice ones. John Whitaker do nice velvet ones and they do a lovely one in dark green with gold rope binding. Hope Valley have a good range of lots of makes. I like mine to look smart so prefer navy/royal blues with piped edging on a grey. Equiport do nice saddle clothes but pricey.

I meant yellow with orange coat!! As in to go with chestnut. Not orange on the actual colours. Not sure though. Just think I'd look like a bumble bee. Green iz best I think so maybe twin 2 just has to cope with my having similar colours!

newrider.com