Keeping a diary of your rides

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Just wondering does anyone keep a diary of there horse rides, schooling, lunging sessions.
I did it back in 2011 when I was given 2 diaries. Just looked it out. I just made a brief note of where we hack and roughly how many minutes. If i did a jump session or if i lunged roughly how long for. Looking back it shows the weeks where I was not able to ride and some which I rode/excercised 7 days a week.
Someone has given me a 2nd diary so I'm wondering if it would be good to record the boys work for the year. Maybe it would motivate me more, although I'd probably get bored and forget to write in.

I quite like the idea of it - but atm with her lameness being on off it might have quite a few gaps in it where there isn't anything to actually record.

Yes i always keep a diary of my everyday horsey rides, chores, wormings etc One of my sons always buys me one included in my xmas present from him...It has beautiful pictures of horses inside it..I would be lost without it as I am awful at remembering when I last wormed then or got the trimmer out lol

Reactions: Trewsers
I have tried in the past, but am rubbish at remembering to fill it in, so have not bothered in recent years.
All farrier/dentist/worm counts/wormers/lessons/ vet visits etc are on my Google calendar so I don't forget.

newrider.com