Just a glorious hack today

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Ziggy's been a bit of a berk on our hacks recently (since my wrist got better) but today he was right back on form.

We went out around a route I like which takes about an hour and a half, and he was just lovely. Forward, cheerful, and best of all not in a rush on the way home. His returning walk was Industrious for sure, but he wasn't strong or uncomfortable even when we trotted.

I have to say that I was trying really hard to ride well all the way around - using my core to push his head and neck down and away when he got stressy - and I know I was working hard because when I got off I almost fell over!

We even dared a couple of little canters and he was perfect - except at the end of the first one, where just as we were slowing down he had a MASSIVE spook at a really, really frightening horse poo in the middle of the track, with pony-killing flies rising up from it. I didn't fall off, but I laughed so hard it was a close thing.

A few pics to show you his pretty summer ears arriving, and what a good pony he is at the end of the ride - he comes to the shelter by himself so I can untack him :D

Attachments

• Hack1.jpg
    Hack1.jpg
    900.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Hack2.jpg
    Hack2.jpg
    964.9 KB · Views: 17
  • hack3.jpg
    hack3.jpg
    950.3 KB · Views: 18
  • hack4.jpg
    hack4.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 18
Wonderful! Didn't you have nice weather! It rained for us for most of the day....

Sounds wonderful! I love your hacking and have to say that Ziggy looks very well and super handsome. :)

Excellent! Your hacking looks really great - nice that Ziggy is letting you enjoy it :)

newrider.com