JumpCross today **LONG**

MrKia+Me

Non member
Aug 1, 2008
Well today Kia and I went to Jumpcross courtesy of my dad towing me!!!

It was PEEING it down from the heavens the whole time I was there and I thought "what the hell am I doing!!!!" I dont have many pics as it was too wet for the camera but I will put up what I have. There was a professional photographer so I may get more pics later.

We got there an hour early as Kia sweats up something terrible in the trailer:eek:. Well we got there and he settled down again and muched his hay net and cooled off. I had a cup of tea in the car before going and declaring that I was there.

People started to arrive and I took Kia into the indoor school to walk him about then I tacked him up in there out of the rain and mounted up. I met up with someone else in my group and we walked down to the warm up field

Walking down I am in blue
DSC01454.jpg

Well we warmed up and then got placed into our groups. My group was taken by David Gatherer who was fabulous!!! He was soo patient and asked each of us what we had done and what our horses had done. I told him I could jump but was nervous and that Kia was a capable jumper but has a dirty stop/runout. He saud he would help me with that!!:)

Warming up
DSC01455.jpg

DSC01457.jpg

Well we all set off and started the course, he explained each of the jumps and how to approach, jump, and ride away. We did a few wamr up jumps for David to assess our jumping. He was pleased with Kias pace, nice and steady, so the work has paid off but he said that I was folding too much. He asked me just to stand lightly in my stirrups and give with my hands not to fold!!

Well after all the advice telling me I have to fold I found that refreshing!!!:p

This is the only pic I have of us approaching a jump the rest I will have to wait for the professional pics:)

DSC01456.jpg

Well as we went round the course I became more confident and my jumping improved!! Kia was cheeky once and tried a run out on the double I managed to correct him but we were too close and I had to circle, I got shouted at for that :eek: but I turned him put the leg on and he soared both parts effortlessly!!

We had a combi of three offset jump the last a skinny near the end of the course and he jumped the first too lovely but was too busy looking at the skinny to jump it so we turned again and cantered a cirle and he popped it the second time. We went up steps, and did fan fences and I couldnt believe how good he was.

I have to admit I was giggling and sqealing the whole way round the course and people were in stitches at me but I had fun and thats all that counts!!!

All and all a GREAT day!!!

Nikki xxxx:D

I forgot you were going to that today.

Glad you enjoyed it, sounds as if it was fun

Was Jannette not ment to be taking it today??

Great stuff :) How did you get on with the unshod hinds?

He was fine!!! He actually seemed better on his feet than the shod horses. He didnt skid once!!

A few were loosing shoes actually!!!

Thanks KC!!! David was FABULOUS!!! cant praise him enough!!!:D

I forgot you were going to that today.

Glad you enjoyed it, sounds as if it was fun

Was Jannette not ment to be taking it today??

Jannette took the higher classes. They drew lots as to who was taking what classes. I was in the intro class 2ft to 2ft6 :)

Was brill!!!! Something to definatly build on!!!

Sounds like you had a fab day despite the weather - would love to do one of those one day but got a long way to go before we're ready!

Oh wow, that's definitely given me the incentive! :D

Me and Red have one in the calendar for October 12th, so all being well, I could be posting a thread like this. Although mine won't be as detailed, cause i'll probably wimp out in the warm up. :rolleyes:

Can I ask what venue you were at? I'd love to do jumpcross, and it sounds like I have exactly the same problems as you - nervous jumper and horse which can jump beautifully or put in a nasty stop if he doesn't like the look of it!! I am tempted by the 2ft class at some venues though :D

Berry I was here :)

http://www.greenfieldsofavondale.co.uk/

Was great!!

Yes IM I defo have the jump bug again!!! Kia was soo brill!!! Defo going to have a go at hunting this season I think!!!

PM we had a BLAST!!!

BB next time I will be doing the intro level as well if you want to come as it restarts in the spring!!! Wont be going higher until I have my bottle lol!!! Hunting might help tho!!!

Sammii defo have a go and enjoy it!! If you want to do littler jumps then just say and they lower them for you. There was a boy in our class who wasnt jumping anything over 1.5ft until the last one. We all went first then he did his!!

Would recommend it totally!!!

Nikki xxx:D:D:D

Last edited:
Hello,

Despite the fact I have already spoken to you, I am so pleased you enjoyed. Gtted I couldnt join you but at least I had a shot in August and will be ready to rock n roll in the spring.

I think everyone should have a go at it. Tyler flew round the course when I went and did blooming well if I say so myself.

Even though I wasn't able to go with Nik I can almost guarantee that Kia will have been a fantastic boy :D

We should make it a NR scottish day out!! I know they let you know hire out the course for half a day or so for groups.

Jen
x

Ooh what height's the intro classes Nikki?

They would need to be tiny as at the moment we can't canter over so much as a pole without making a mess of it!:rolleyes:

newrider.com