I've just had a great weekend riding Dales ponies!

Wobblydeb

Jul 4, 2004
Northumberland, UK
Visit site
Biggest grin ever ----> :D :D :D

Don't know if anyone saw my original thread asking for suggestions on a weekend away riding or learning something related to horses. Well... I ended up going to the Yorkshire Dales Trekking Centre, and it was brilliant! :D

I can hardly walk now like, but it is oh so worth it :p I rode for 4 hours each day, Saturday and Sunday. We climbed such a height on Saturday - I'll find the photo of the views later and post it. Then on Sunday we went along the valley and onto the Pennine Way and had some long canters :D I wish I could have got a picture of 5 of us tearing along on virtually identical horses :p

The place and people are great, and the ponies are just fabulous, really happy and well cared for. If I'd had one more glass of wine at night, I would have been offering all my savings to bring "Jim" away with me :)

*sigh* .... I'm saving up already to go back :)

Its a great place isn't it? I went there a couple of years ago and loved it, would really like to go back this summer. Just thought it was one of the nicest, friendliest places I'd been to - the ponies are gorgeous and the scenery is amazing. Glad you enjoyed it there :)

newrider.com