Is anyone on NR a chiropractor?

I'm not, but I've looked into it a lot, but decided to go with Osteopathy instead ;] - in the process of applying and waiting for uni responses now.

What do you want to know? =]
Just a note, 'normal' chiropractics and 'McTimoney' chiropractics are supposed to be quite different. If you are interested in becoming a chiropractor, I recomend giving both a try as treatment so you know which you prefer.

Also, not sure if you are looking into practising with humans or animals, but in order to practise under the title 'chiropractor' with animals you must first qualify with people...

x

Im currently training to be a McTimoney Animal Manipulator

I have a BSc(Hons) in Equine Science before starting the training

Legally the term chiropractor refers to humans, therefore when dealing with animals there are other terms - such as animal manipulator

My friend has trained in osteopathy, and is now doing the same course as me

Are you interested in humans or animals?

The Animal Manipulation course heartofrainbow mentioned is part time I think. She may correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's designed to allow working 'mature' students to complete the course while continuing to work. So you aren't too old! Never too old ;]

If you like the idea, you might aswell look into it. It can do no harm to find out and make an informed decision: www.mctimoney-college.ac.uk

x

Woops should have noticed that sorry! In that case no idea what the rules/legislation or training is regards it....Sorry! x

The Animal Manipulation course heartofrainbow mentioned is part time I think. She may correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's designed to allow working 'mature' students to complete the course while continuing to work. So you aren't too old! Never too old ;]

If you like the idea, you might aswell look into it. It can do no harm to find out and make an informed decision: www.mctimoney-college.ac.uk

x

It is part time (over one year), although is quite compact and indepth.

The other McTimoney course that is offered as a master uses the similar techniques etc but is spread over two years

newrider.com