I'm getting utterly cheesed off...

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
...with people I know keep buying the latest must have animals and then selling them on for the next obsession.

Let me make this clear, I'm not talking about people who have genuine reasons to sell but those who see animals as a short term plaything to be sold on when they might fancy having a go at something else.

Rant over!!!

It drives me nuts too JC. Not just horses, I see it happening all the time with dogs. I do a little bit of competitive obedience with my dogs but a lot of the people in it would be better off taking up tennis as their sport. At least that way, when they get fed up, they can just shove the raquet in the cupboard. Instead they work their way through umpteen dogs - and its always the dogs fault they dont win. Yeah right.
:mad:

Yep, I'm not talking horses here. It those who will get one type if animal then get rid and get another type, then another type; the serial animal buyers who think only of pleasing themselves without though of disruption to the poor animals they get bored of.

Yup seeing a lot of that at the moment with someone I know vaguely. It's one animal then the next obession.

SM I noticed that a lot with the competitive dog world as well, more so in the gundog circuit. Really sad some of the things there :(

I'm sure some people don't think of them as living beings but playthings for their own whims. Makes me so angry when animals get treated as disposable throwaway items

I know - it beats me how they can bear to part with them. One of OH's relatives just one day decided to get rid of the family dog. They had had it from being a pup too and had lived with it for 5 and a half years. One day she just said it was going. She claimed her OH was allergic but we know that is not the case. I know some people can suddenly become allergic but I just kbow she was fibbing to make it sound better. Thing was poor dog had long fur and she was just too idle to brush him. Such a loving dog too. Least he went to a better home - his new owners doted on him. Poor thing must have wondered what he had done wrong. I smelled a rat cos she prev got rid of a cat and a rabbit. Makes me most cross.

My hubby always goes on about the pedigree dogs that are dumped , agree with him that if they have no conscience the price they have paid for the dog alone would indicate that it's "no dumping".If you look at the animal rescue sites they have always have many cats,rabbits,digs & assorted small animals wanting homes.There are many people who shouldn't be in charge of a goldfish , makes me mad & does nothing for my blood pressure

My sister and her partner are serial dog buyers and dumpers. They have had about 6 to my knowledge and they always give them to a rescue home in the end with various bollu&ks reasons. In September they brought a Spinger now I have two and I know how much hard work they can be they brought a puppy. I texted her and asked her why and she said they have always wanted a springer puppy. Well I told her she was made and I give it 5 weeks before they get rid....

2 weeks later (puppy only just 10 weeks and not had it second jab) was tied up outside the post office and yes you did read that right and was stolen..... bollu&ks again it kept peeing and pooing in the house so they sold it.

I was so mad I did not speak to her for months. Mt three are not angels but I wouold never part with them.

If I hear the words "home for life", I am never selling anyone anything ever.

It means jack shit! :banghead:

Ditto

Just like those that say they would spend everything on vets bills. Yeah right!

Bugs the crap out of me that nothing other than wanting the next thing promotes animals being given the heave ho.

This is my biggest peeve too! This and over breeding/breeding for the sake of breeding.
In the hedgehog world its awful - exotic mammals and the people who own and breed them is an absolute minefield!!
I have friends who started with hogs, moved on to micro pigs, then raccoons all because they got bored. Sickening!

folk have more money than sense if they can just buy and get rid of expensive pedigree dogs. Even worse these trendy silly named mongrels which are all the rage and cost a fortune.
I breed gundogs and its enough to put you off when you get an idiot of a customer. Just sold a spaniel pup and its only been away 4 days and the bloody woman is never off the phone or text and its not sleeping through the night or its whinging blah blah blah. Can see this one being brought back.
Left it in a cage with the door open (someone told her you cant close the door for at least 3 weeks) and can't understand why its peeing on the kitchen floor :banghead:

I don't get it, do these people not have feelings???? unless you have a serious change in circumstances a pet is for life.

My 'special' girl started having mini strokes/episodes about 2 months after I got her from breeder...soooo many people told me to take her back!!! I couldn't she was mine and my responsibility.

newrider.com