If your horse loses a shoe ...

When Joe was alive and shod he lost quite a few whilst living here - usually anywhere between two days and a week, but we are very remote and I couldn't expect farrier to come here when not going anywhere nearby on his route.
Hope you get yours put on soon!

Normally it gets done the same day, but our farrier is at the local riding school almost daily and we are only a couple of miles away. My farrier always goes out of his way to help out. I am very lucky to have him.

If I want to ride I whack a new on one there and then. If not I leave it until I want to ride

When I lived in Norfolk my farrier was very good, he would usually get to me within a day or so, but a rarely lost one off either Solly or Peggy.

Here my farrier has a much larger area to cover so I would probably have to wait about 4/5 days until he was near me. But I can proudly boast that now Dolly's feet are so good she has not thrown a shoe for over two years!:smile: You wait, now she will throw a shoe tomorrow and I will have to wait 2 weeks to get it back on!:redcarded:

Usually within a couple of days but once came out two evenings running after he had been competing all day so we could get ours to a competition! Special Tb who can even lose shoes in his own bed or while jumping on a surface, so much so we bought a metal detector for shoe hunting!! Apparently the problem is he has such a big stride with his hindlegs he literally levers off his front shoes even with overreach boots on :unsure:

newrider.com