Idiot drivers *vids*

J

jaydevon

i was doing a video for somebody intrested in bravo, watch the idiot in the white van, hes so close i think Bravos tail is actually touching the van as he swished it! i will confess i wasnt very lady like with my launguage, it wasnt like there was a frigging sign on my back saying PLEASE PASS SLOW AND WIDE! GRRRR. ive never seen a vid of the main road, the speed the cars come up are very scary! (most of my arm moving is me thanking people!)

http://s354.photobucket.com/albums/r422/jaydevon1306/?action=view&current=008.flv

Last edited by a moderator:
It never fails to surprised me the lack of respect alot of drivers give to horses and their riders.

It always seems to boil down to the fact (if you ever get into an altercation) that we dont pay road tax so therefore we shouldnt be on the road.

Of course, such neandathals (sp) have forgotten that horses were using the road before white van man!:rolleyes:

ponio was a star tho!:D

what got me was i had held my hand up to both cars on both sidfes of the road, now lets see, riders use the same arms signals as police, so shouldnt be hard to understand.. why would you try and drive between 2 horses! (no idea who other rider is! )

bravo was to intrested in neighing and asking the other horse if it was a girly!

and thats sunday traffic! you should see it on a weekday!

Kudos to both horses (and riders) for staying calm, that could have been horrific.

The van driver was probably having a sandwich as he went round the corner. Only to discover not only you, but a reason why he couldn't overtake either, leaving only the option of locking up or squeezing past.

Kudos to both horses (and riders) for staying calm, that could have been horrific.

The van driver was probably having a sandwich as he went round the corner. Only to discover not only you, but a reason why he couldn't overtake either, leaving only the option of locking up or squeezing past.

Either that or he was on his mobile leting wifey know he is on his way home from the pub!:eek:

Ok thats a bit of stereotyping of the average white van man but it just takes common sense and manners and neither of those cost anything.

he wasnt on a phone, or smoking, just him and a mate in the van.. no excuse whats so ever!

What a twit and I bet he would have been the first one kicking off if Bravo had kicked a dent in the side of his van!

he did actually slow down though (though a bit sharp)...he just didnt pull around very far until he knew he could do...seeing as there was 2 other hazards on the other side of the road...bad judgement on the drivers part....weve all done that.

slow down? slam the breaks on and wacked the hazards on more like, and the car behind him, i hate to say it but ive had worse on that road.

the car behind didnt have alot of choice did it? lucky it didnt go into the back of him.

stopping distances *sigh*

what annoyed me and what got the van a few choice words was the fact i had held my hand up and said stop! just behind the other horse is the village junction, so again he was putting more people in danger.

Bless Bravo for being so restrained,bet the same couldn't be said for your gob mate;):p

Don't blame you though what a muppet van driver:mad:

Can vouch for the fact that road isn't the most pleasant place to ride along having done it the other day,without having idiots like that around.Hopefully the driver learned something from it,although I doubt it:rolleyes:

what annoyed me and what got the van a few choice words was the fact i had held my hand up and said stop! just behind the other horse is the village junction, so again he was putting more people in danger.

But legally you have no power to ask another road user to stop, in fact I'm pretty sure if it's not illegal then it's frowned upon by the cops.

I know I'm going to get shot down for this, but could you not have spent more time with your hands on the reins, guiding Bravo onto the verge to avoid any collisions rather than waving it in the face of the van driver?

But legally you have no power to ask another road user to stop, in fact I'm pretty sure if it's not illegal then it's frowned upon by the cops.

I know I'm going to get shot down for this, but could you not have spent more time with your hands on the reins, guiding Bravo onto the verge to avoid any collisions rather than waving it in the face of the van driver?

do u not know, horses have right of way on the road!!!! if u read the highway code book it will tell u as a driver how to drive carefully past a horse, so y should she have gone on the verge????

do u not know, horses have right of way on the road!!!! if u read the highway code book it will tell u as a driver how to drive carefully past a horse, so y should she have gone on the verge????

just because the highway code tells us how to drive past a horse and rider correctly it doesnt actually mean they have right of way on the road lol.....the highway code only tells us how to pass correctly so as we dont cause injury to ourselves and other drivers.

infact the only right of way we have as riders is on designated bridlepaths, the only right of way on roads is between cars (and other vehicles obv)

and there is nothing really illegal about asking a car to slow down/stop if you think you are in danger, its actually probably quite a natural reaction in a situation like that!

no need, thats what my legs and body do, you cant actually touch bravos mouth

also have a look again, did you not notice, the road signs, bollards ect?? more dangerous to move over and next time he will just do it to another rider that may be a kid

Last edited by a moderator:
newrider.com