ice/cool boots

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
i usually ice toby's legs with a cooling gel/paste after our lessons in the summer (since i have to ride him on grass, which has been pretty hard this year) but now the weather is turning, i don't want to be washing his legs to get the paste off. has anyone used any of the various cool boots that are on the market? any recomendations?

ive just bought a gel cel form robinsons, you soak it in water for 2 mins and it activates the gel and freezes, can be reused aswell. works out about £7:)

I've recently bought an Aerborn Cool leg Gaiter which has been a godsend with my horse on box rest with a tendon injury - they just strap onto the leg with two velcros and stay cold for 20 mins or so. They need to go in the freezer for an hour or two beforehand though. Blue plastic covering which rinses off great too.

No Angel, i'd seen those gel cel things on equestrian clearence and liked the look of them, i'm assuming you have to bandage over the top of them?

i'll go hunt for the aerborn and kieffer boots, cheers guys!

The gel cels come with 2 strips of velcro that you hold the boot on with, so no need to bandage. I bought mine so i could take it to endurance events with me so i dont have to freeze anything.

newrider.com