I think Dolly is a talented musician...

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
:giggle: I picked up a silly habit of singing away at the top of my voice when I first had JJ - mainly to try and quell my shaking limbs and thumping heart!

So the habit has stuck when Im out hacking alone (wouldn't dare inflict my toneless dirge on a friend) I noticed recently that Dolly's delicious big mule ears flick away merrily as I sing (well more of a wailing noise actually:redface:) to her....but here is the truly outstanding, talented, best horse in the world bit:dance::dance:

.....she matches her pace to the tempo of song! Where Have All The Flowers Gone and Mull of Kyntire(sp?) , Sylvia's Mother we get a slow rolling amble - whereas if we go a bit more upbeat with something like - Ten Green Bottles, Lets Dance or even sometimes You are My Sunshine she picks up the pace and steps out with a more jaunty air about her!:giggle::angel::wub: And with the more energetic tempo the big Dobbin ears flick about in a very much more excitable way!:bounce:

Shall I just go and take some more of the pills do you think?:help::biggrin:

Hahaha fab :) I wonder if they sat you on you something I'd you were subconsciously driving with your seat more as you subconsciously dance to ten green bottles or whether it's the music :giggle:

Years ago we did riding to music at a riding school. The horses seemed to pick the beat of the music up and became more intune to you. They loved it, their ears would prick up and they would really listen to you and try their hardest to please. It was as if a light was switched on and they thought, "great its the music again everyone.." Loved it.:biggrin:

Friend always suggests I should sing when I am nervous, but as I absolutely can't and when I am frightened can barely even breathe ............

Praps I should try it and some of those pills .........!

They do say that dependant on what music you're listening too, it can speed up or slow your heart rate - I think it must have the same effect on horses as it's recommended to play classical music to nervy animals.

They do say that dependant on what music you're listening too, it can speed up or slow your heart rate - I think it must have the same effect on horses as it's recommended to play classical music to nervy animals.

Agree with the above, have also heard that shops play different music depending on whether they are busy or not, fast to get you in, round and out and slow to keep you there.

Can I have some of your pills please??

'Sylvia's Mother' ............BLIMEY, BLAST FROM THE PAST:bounce: I know every word as well, if we went on a hack we could DUET ........

Try a bit of EMINEM Rapping tomorrow and see what happens:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Last edited:
I quite often sing when I ride too it's a good way of helping to stay calm - I think you're a bloody legend Cortrasna, you and Dolly both! We love 'special' people on this forum! :biggrin:

newrider.com