I need some motivation to eat well.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I had a chocolate mini roll for breakfast for crying out loud. Not even meant to eat dairy!!

I just can't seem to stop being a pig! :(

First of all Don't beat yourself up, it just makes you feel bad and if you are anything like me your reach for the sugar and carbs when that happens.

I find just removing all such things from the cupboards, having only healthy options available and easy to hand makes things a lot easier. Also have a day (changed weekly) where you have a treat, not sweet if you don't want to but something you consider a treat.

9/10 it's handiness that makes us reach for the unhealthy, I've been doing as I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself and I've gone and Gained10lbs :( seriously pissed at myself but I'm determined it's coming off :)

Have melon or cut fruit sitting in the fridge along with healthy protein or cereal bars for a snack and you will find it a lot easier :) hope this helps :)

Thank-you, very helpful yes.

I too have put on about 10lb and I really have no excuse so will be losing it as soon as I get my act together!

I'm off to the shop on the way home promising myself I'm only buying cat food and fruit!

Luckily not too much junk at home so hopefully will be able to avoid that, finished the last of the mini rolls this morning!!

It's just my visits to the shop which do it for me, I always end up buying things I shouldn't. I think I shouldn't carry money as that would put a stop to it but then I think what if I need something for ale!

I'm a lazy eater, I keep going until I'm starving/hypoglycenic then cram the wrong stuff down because its quick and little effort. I found bulk cooking decent meals and freezing them helped me do much better, I'm going to get back to it this month. I buy the plastic take away tubs, cook up bulk of 4 or 5 meals and portion up the meals before freezing then its just a matter of grab what I fancy and chuck it in the microwave :)

Yes that's me, don't eat all day then come 7pm I'm starving!!

I tried cooking a few meals and my dad moaned that I was taking up space in the freezer haha. Vegetable paella is my favourite meal and so easy to make so I'll just make that until I'm sick of it and then try something else. Out for dinner and a swim on Thursday and I'm going to have something salad based I think!

Made a good start, dinner with lots of veg, snack of dried fruit after and now off for a brisk walk to my boyfriends.

I'm lucky I'm slim and lots of people say I'm being silly when I say I want to eat well but it's more the health of my heart I am worried about. But would like to get back to my usual weight too

Ale you look so slim in the last pics you posted seriously
I wish I had your figure
I think if you lost 10 Ibs it might not be too healthy
You do some much exercise cycling every day you can pretty must eat what you like
Don't beat yourself up for the odd "bad" thing food wise
I've put on two stone since Manc marathon due to contraceptive injection
It's me that should be posting this not you

For the last few weeks I've been eating just biscuits, chocolate, cakes and sweets and not alot in between! Can't be getting any nutrients or vitamins at all which is not what I need.

I just like to be around 8 and a half stone and I'm back up at 9 and a half which feels a bit too big for me personally.

if your worried could you not take some vitamin supplements, not that I know much about them!

Reactions: MrA
Ale I have a shocking diet. If it was not for my OH I would never eat an actual meal. But that is really not good or healthy your body needs vit and mins you would not let Ale have a bad diet and you know how important it is for his health and well-being.

You don't have a bad relationship with food which is half the battle but you do need to eat regularly to maintain a level of exercise and not get to colds and minor illness more so with winter coming

Start by having one day a week when you don't have any sugar.... no fruit either - eat veg instead. And eggs. Raw nuts are a good snack. I do eat cornflakes which have added sugar - and obviously I don't add any - but they are the lowest of the "added sugar" cereals. Porridge and Shredded Wheat are just vile with no type of sweetness :p

One day a week is manageable. Then go from there....

I've had a coco breakfast too with malteasers, woops.

I'm the same I find it so hard not to eat crappy food. Yesterday I ate 8 cookie biscuits, 2 yogurts, crisps, a roast dinner for tea, sponge and custard, 2 bakewell tarts :oops: everyone presumes I hardly eat because I'm 7 and a half stone at 5ft4 but I actually eat a lot! I do try and cut down on the junk and eat better but I lose weight within a week and I find it so hard, I just crave sugar o_O

I'm awful for buying it as well, I've banned myself from stopping at shops on the way home from work!

I find it easy to eat better when there is no Maccy D's lol here there is nothing but lovely local produce. Yum. I am a convert to mid week cabbage and local potatoes. And don't even get me started on the beef here.........
Seriously tho Ale, you do sooooo much you need to eat plenty of good things. I appreciate how hard it can be when you're as busy as you are, but it is worth the effort. Do you like things like dried fruit and nuts? Most supermarkets have those small snack bags.

I dont think supplements work as well as a good and varied diet.

But the Times this week had a spread on the latest apparent modish diet - 80%-20%. Eat good healthy stuff for 80% of your time or your meals and you can do some sugar indulgence the other 20%.

Google it for details (they must be somewhere) but it seems reasonable to me.

I have to say that OH and I gave up most sweet and manufactured food yonks ago and accidentally got so we dislike the taste of it. I do sometimes bake if we have guests coming but didnt make a French apricot tart last week - my annual custom - as couldnt face eating the sweet pastry. We mix our own breakfast cereals so no sugar temptation there either. My personal weakness is bread of which I bake a lot. Just got into French bread too - yet the current fashion is to avoid wheat.

My diet is terrible too, sounds like there are a few of us around. When Mr Star is home we eat "properly", when he's not I tend to live on toast!
I am vegetarian who doesn't like veggies so I do struggle somewhat, It's always easier to eat a chocolate bar than fruit when you are eating at your desk....fruit is much too messy

So did any of you eat 3 proper meals a day when you were kids? We grew up with rationing during and after the second world war. We were hungry and there weren't sweets so we ate veg. Particularly in summer.
Plus the only manufactured food I remember were biscuits.

newrider.com