I made it!

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I graduated from university yesterday, but more excitingly today I became a fully qualified (aka passed the 9 weeks of online training and practice chats) volunteer pet bereavement support web chat advisor for the Blue Cross. Something I only learnt about just before starting training and I wish I knew about when I lost my cat to rta as I had a very hard time grieving for her. See the link for more info on the amazing service they offer, there was a whole (very sad) module on horse loss and euthanasia, but it's reassuring it's covered and I now feel more confident discussing it if needed.

Thatā€™s great, well done. I think some people bounce back quickly after losing a pet, and others (like myself) find it an incredibly difficult experience. I never knew grief would hit me so hard. I have lots of support around me and see a counsellor regularly anyway, but for those who havenā€™t got this support I think would find your services really valuable. I am thinking of volunteering to be a ā€˜friends at the endā€™ support for the BHS. This involves helping people practically through the loss of a horse and physically being there when the horse is put to sleep.

Thank you everyone for all the kind words, bit lost with what to do with myself now after so long studying! Onwards and upwards I'm sure in time šŸ˜

Reactions: Trewsers
Thatā€™s great, well done. I think some people bounce back quickly after losing a pet, and others (like myself) find it an incredibly difficult experience. I never knew grief would hit me so hard. I have lots of support around me and see a counsellor regularly anyway, but for those who havenā€™t got this support I think would find your services really valuable. I am thinking of volunteering to be a ā€˜friends at the endā€™ support for the BHS. This involves helping people practically through the loss of a horse and physically being there when the horse is put to sleep.
I'm so glad to hear you have support in place, it's so vital for such deep grief. That's a very brave and kind thing to consider doing, very challenging I can only imagine, but a huge help to people's worst days.

newrider.com