i hav a huge confidenca lak and im doing a show!!!(not my 1st one though)

LILHORSELOVER

May 10, 2008
Hi everyone,
im 14 and i hav been riding for 10yrs.
my confidende is however realli bad i get nervous when jumping ANYTHING,big or small.
However i can jump up to 1m30.
tomorow im doing a competition and because i live in france i 1. hav alot of pressure on me to make a good impression on the riders at my riding school 2 dont always understand wat people are saying ...so im exra nervous about forgetting the corse, refusal,s falling off and suchlke:eek:. i trained today with my teacher and all went ok so im hoping the same will happen tomorrow .
im also slightly annoyyed cuz my mum -not being able to speak french aswell as me-accidentaly booked me in for the "4eme epreuve" wich means that the jumps are all quite small......but im still nervous.
does anyone hav any tips.
THANXXXXLILHORSE LOVERXXX

Have fun and remember to breathe (that's the one i always forget :D!) How easily can you get a hold of Rescue Remedy in France? It's not just for horses ;):p! If you feel pressure to perform well in front of others; pretend they aren't there :D! Good luck, hope you have fun!

I get nervous at every Show. I even get nervous when I am taking my little girl and her pony. :eek:

The more Shows you do the easier it becomes. One thing you could do is just go for a walk round the Show. Dont compete for a couple of Shows. See if it settles you more. :)

thanx ...yea i hav been to various shows i go with my friend julie....she is not the brightest spark and so her parents let her give up full time school and now she has 3 ponies 1of wich was the top poney in belgium(exept now its in france)so i go to millions of shows with her...she is one of the best riders in norway(she is norweigen). i love supprtiong her and i know im capable of doing exactly what she does.....i feel so much better after talking to her eirlier and the jump are TINY so i think i will be ok
THNX

newrider.com