I galloped ginger today

OMG that must have taken your breath away! Were you with other horses or on your own? And did you have any trouble stopping?

I bet you felt like you were in full flight on board Pegasus himself? I have never galloped a TB, but I imagine it takes your breath away!:smile:

Exc, bet you are still grinning from the exhilaration of it all :smile:

I love galloping my tbs and hate that dont have the space to do it much and let them really open up. So going to the beach this summer with both for a good old blast :tongue:

I was with a friend we trotted round the field first then I went first for a canter, trying to relax in to it and let him build up with out blocking him. Mate stayed back a little I did not pull back and just relaxed.

Then we trotted round again and I we started first again I just let him build up (took about 10 yards!!!!) then mate let her lad up next to us then just in front and WOW he just changed gear, I dug my knees me and let him go. We did not come any where near his full speed I felt he had loads left in the tank but we ran out of field.

As for stopping I just asked him, like I do when I lunge and sat back a little I did not use my brakes at all. he just pulled up to trot and then walk. no bouncing or hyper walk just walked back to the yard with me like a cheshire cat and very proud.

He was so smooth and steady I was not worried or scared at a all.:smug: and I have never felt that much power and knowing there is loads more in there. Mate said it was amazing to watch

Plus tonight I took Chanter out and he found another gear that I did not know he had, He shot up the field flat out (for him a very fast canter) popped a few jumps and trotted home like a 5 year old.

I am so lucky:angel:

Wow, I have never galloped Ben. I'm not sure that he is capable of it!!

I bet that it felt fantastic - yes you are very lucky with your two lovely boys.

Wow I'm jealous,a gallop one such a lovely tb really is reason to he like a chesire cat :D
What a wonderful experience and what a lovely boy been so well behaved :p

Errrrrr I thought you didn't like cantering on hacks?!?!? :yellowcarded:

Please can I have some of whatever it is that you are on?! :giggle:

But seriously - just wow. Go you!!!

newrider.com