I am cutting down my herd.

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
I have decided in light of my OH health issues.... that the time has come cut down on ponies.... Mr Darcy has already been sold to a wonderful home not to far away,with his new owners staying in touch :)..... Faye will be PTS and I am considering loaning Ollie out for long term loan home. that would take us down to 9 ponies... and 4 of us looking after them..... :) I may scale it down further if I need too in the future too. So long as all the ponies have good home I will be happy.

Sounds like a wise choice to do it now so you can focus on getting hubby better and not be swamped with horsey stuff to do, a tough decision none the less xx

Reactions: Native Lover
Sorry to hear this. We had to drastically reduce numbers when Mr Chev was diagnosed and had to travel miles daily for radiotherapy for eight weeks. He was very ill at the time and I couldn't cope with that and the ponies. Plus we lost 3/4 of our grazing and only made pocket money on them. It's a hard decision to make but as Jessey says a wise one. Sending lots of good vibes for all of you.

I couldn't manage nine, even between four.
My friend has just sold a horse. She said she was spending so much time looking after, she had no time for riding.
One less has made such a huge difference.

Reactions: Native Lover
I am going to be down to 8 ponies Darcy has already gone and the same lady will loan Ollie...... My Skye is having Shakira and Faye is going to be PTS.... this leaves Sweep and Belle as oldies..... and Stormy, Savannah, Glennie, Melody, Lunan and Eva for 4 of us to look after. Easier for me and the girls to manage on our own.. And my partner can rest more.

newrider.com