how much turnout does your horse get?

How much turnout does your horse get daily?

• Total voters
J

jumpingkatey

Katey has about 3 hours a day but after 2 hours she get bored and stands by the gate and neighs until i bring her in!She loves her stable!
Polly gets the same as neither like being out alone!

If it is snowing/torrential rain or the ground is too wet/icy then they stay in and exercised.
x

Out as much as possible.
Lilly loves her stable and chooses to stay in overnight in the winter. In the snow out for about 5 hours but wanted to come in.

Dee is turned out at 6.45 evey morning as i have to go to college and if i dont turn her out she goes mad in her stable-god forbid what she would be like if she ever had to be on box rest!! then i bring her in once i get home from college about 5.30-6ish and she has hay in her field and once it starts getting lighter then we shall ride out after college.

They stay out 24/7 in summer and in the winter we keep them out 24/7 as much as possible but when the weather is really bad they stay in during the day and go out at night.

Mine normally go out for half a day as I work them at lunch time then turn them out! They will happily stay in but at the moment they dont like too be out too long as there isnt any food!

24/7 for my 2. Joy is very stressy when bought in. Little's is some sort of a dinky native cross and is hairier than my legs so no issues there :p Joy's a sec d and is happy out in all weathers and I like the flexibilty that being out gives me too :)

in monday to friday morning, out friday - sunday.

this week was an exception and he was only out friday and saturday due to the weather.

it isn't ideal but better than nothing, and he'll be moving in the summer :)

My filly is out 24/7 as would go made shut in, and cant work her to get rid of excess energy as too young. She isn't impressed she thinks mum gets best deal.
Her mum goes out for three hours on a friday, and is worked once or twice a day every day. If the weather is bad she doesn't go out. She doesn't mind as hates being out just stands at gate. She will happily stay in 24/7 all year, but gets thrown out in the summer for 6wks. The worse weeks of her life as far as she cares.

Ours are out 6am-6pm in winter, but will go out 24/7 in April (except at the moment they are in 24/7 as can't get them up the lane to the field due to snow :rolleyes:).

Depends on the weather and my riding plans but they average 9-12 hours a day on average during the winter. On very wet days they either only go out for a half day or not at all to save my ground (they just stand at the gate and poach it :rolleyes: )

From April or so they live out 24/7

Last edited:
newrider.com