How many miles from house to horse?

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Maybe not in the correct section ... I guess it kinda comes under horse care Lol.

I was interested how many miles is it to the yard? I thought mine was only about 6 miles.. did it in the car today as I have always wanted to know. To do one trip to the yard and back home its 14 bloody miles and I do that twice a day ,a long with work etc. No wonder I thought I was filling the car up more often!!:D

When ours were on the first yard it was five mins in the car - probably about three miles. We could walk it in about twenty mins.

Second yard was half an hour drive.

Now they're home....lol well, tis one minute walk from the back door to their stable block. Seems worse in bad weather lol
When we had an office in town, it took me half an hour to drive each way, and I came home every lunch time to check on them. My petrol bill was huge! Now we both work from home so it's a lot less.

Mines 3 miles each way! Although it's only short it has dropped my MPG quite a bit, especially as I only do a similar distance to work too.

Just over the road. It would be 1 minute if I had a bridge but I have to walk down the lane and in the gate and up the field so 3 minutes!

In summer a mile, as I stick them up in the hill, IN winter out the back door

i am very very very lucky, our fields are all round our house. The yard I use most for lessons has 2 indoors and is about 6 miles away.

It's about 6 miles I think. The roads are very fast and it takes about 8.5 minutes to drive each way depending how long it takes to turn right at a busy junction!

10 miles, 20 mins in the car :(

BUT..... the hacking around here (home), on this side of the river, is pants. So it is well worth the extra miles to get a decent ride!

Last edited:
1.5 miles by road. About a mile walking. 5 minutes drive or 20 minute walk. Bliss after 25 minutes each way twice a day at my old yard.

newrider.com