How many different horses have you ridden?

Skib that was not a reprimand it was a reply. A reprimand would have been a private message and a warning of a ban.

I get annoyed when you quote out of context to try and make out you're better, taking a thread completely off course too. And effectively calling me or anyone else a liar in the process when you say things like "!if you really had". I don't like trouble makers and people who hold vendettas.

And yet again your old chestnut about not replying to an old comment on another thread about who my teachers were will you ever let that drop? If you could be bothered to go and find it you'd find that I did, but there weren't names you recognise and so to you they don't count. That's maybe because I don't view people I've watched at clinics or events, or whose book I've read as my teachers, only people who have directly taught me on a regular basis. Also if the lesson was learnt does the name of the teacher matter? Who's bothered about who taught the latest gurus? And if you viewed someone as a teacher but took away little or nothing from a lesson is it fair to use their name as a justification for what you do? Because iit's what I do that matters, not what any teachers I had do.

Oh I own a horse farm since 20 years old so you can believe me this number is over 25.
A minute of self promotion if you don't mind. I own a horse farm so if you are interested you can see my listings here.

Its no wonder im so inexperienced. Reading how many everybodys ridden on here. Must get out more.
Chunky I’m in this camp too, you’re not alone, I totted up my total and it’s a grand total of 7, I’ve had a quick hack on a couple of other horses but since I’ve not counted them, so I’m definitely in the limited experience of other horses group.

Reactions: MrC
I don't think @Skib comment was rude or annoying, might be on my own here but I think it was actually quite endearing.

I've ridden loads and loads of different horses, I still think I'm a pretty rubbish rider, but I've learnt alot, not just about riding but nature and people and all sorts. That's how I took it anyway ☺️

@Ale I find a post that starts "If you really had . . ." to be rude and offensive, it's effectively calling me a liar and I know other people have read it that way because they've told me so. Likewise the referral to an old topic, which despite her claim I gave a lengthy reply to at the time, is verging on bullying given how many times she's dragged it up and been corrected. However you can read it how you like, maybe if you aren't on the receiving end it doesn't read the same.

What I actually said was
@chunky monkey numbers don't make competence! I could ride a thousand really quiet safe cobs on hacks and still be barely able to ride, or I could have only ever ridden a few complicated but well trained horses and be a good rider (or still bad but bruised and foolish). Also there's riding and just sitting on for a few minutes - would I count something I'd sat on for 5 minutes to show it's owner something?

Sorry @joosie , I'm going off topic there.
so plainly talking about riding skills only, and there is still nastiness in the reply in my opinion. And I certainly haven't ridden a thousand safe cobs, but it was the thousand hacks that was jumped on and used to patronise. You can think what you like @Ale, it's not as though I've issued her with a warning or ban, though if she'd said similar to someone else and they'd been offended or upset I would at least have issued a warning because it isn't a one off.

About 20 - 30, all riding school, plus of course the only 2 that matter!

But you have your own! I find the desire to ride other people's decreases proportionately to how much you love your own ;)
Totally agree! Since I've had Ramsey and Hogan I have no desire to ride other people's horses, nor to let them ride mine. I love mine too much, warts and all!

Reactions: carthorse
newrider.com