horse pictures from a agricultureal parade

jUmPingIsLifE

~A*u*t*u*m*n~S*u*n~
Jan 5, 2002
USA (((maine)))
nikkibeth05.tripod.com
We have this huge agricultural fair a couple towns over from me and every year they hold one of the largest livestock parades in the US and there are always a lot of awsome horses pulling carts and such. Unfortunatly a man who always brings the best passed away last year :( in years past he had 8 horse hitches two rows of 4 percherons. along with a 'pyrimid' type hitch with 4 horses in back, then three then two leading the way (or something like that). anyway, this is what we had this year.

4 horse hitch
4abrest.jpg

4acros****ch.jpg

4horsehitch.jpg

6 horse
6horse.jpg

2 horse fjords!
fjords.jpg

some 2 horse hitches
spotted drafts
spotteddrafts.jpg

lighterhalfs.jpg

halfhitch.jpg

cuterhalfs.jpg

cutehalfs.jpg

some more comming, I may try to find the fair photographer page to see if he has any of the percherons from last year, it really was amazing!

4 horse hitch i ment to post before the NR wouldn't give you it because it was named '4acros****ch' and i guess it found a bad word in there, starts with an s:rolleyes:
black4horse.jpg

Some really cute halflingers and single hitches
singlehalf.jpg

oakhurstdairy.jpg

halfinger.jpg

halfcart.jpg

and just because cows are cute too
cowshots.jpg

bigsteers.jpg

we have llamas, pigs, goats, sheep, lambs ect... Its really quite cool
its not the 8 horse i was thinking of, but this is one of his old hitches.
Doc8.jpg

Last edited:
My goodness aren't Haflingers popular over there? Only one tandem of Fjords I thought if Haffs were that popular there'd be more Fjords too.

And my goodness arn't those poles on the pairs vehicles LOW, I'd want them a lot higher. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I love looking at the multiple horse hitches, are shining and jingling with the bells on their harnesses...

Haflingers are very popular over here. We have a local exhibition that has a whole slate of Haflinger-only classes because there's so many of them, and I live in the middle of nowhere. They also seem to be a different type of Haflinger then in Europe. Ours seem to be much stockier.

And cows. Where there are horses in North America, there are cows. Go to a 4-H show. You'll see the cleanest cows in the world.

Last edited:
You seem to have the ones I had back in the 70's, big, strong Haflingers, leg at each corner chaps, in the UK they have turned into a long legged riding horse, with no real substance......and I feel the temperament has been scarificed too.

newrider.com