Horse boots for XC recommendations?

Bimbambo

Bea - My Boy Freddy's Mum
May 16, 2006
Essex
Going to be taking Freddy to a few xc courses over the next few months so need to get him some jumping boots. :D

He doesn't usually wear them as is very carfeul with his feet so has not been an issue until now.

Can anyone recommend any please?

Want to get some this week so that he gets a chance to get use to them in plenty of time. ;)

What's you budget? If you don't want to part with too much cash, bog standard brushing boots offer reasonable protection IMO - something like the Woof club boots will be fine. If you want 'special' xc boots there are some fabulous boots on the market, but they can cost :eek:!

Flynn competes in NEW Equine xc boots - they have special reinforced bits a bit like shinpads that protect his hind cannon bones & front tendons. They aint cheap though - over £100 for a full set of 4.

I treated Mrs P to some Dalmar eventer boots because she seems to get her legs in a tangle & clonk jumps sometimes. They are mega-posh! However they are also mega-expensive, make the NEW boots seem cheap...:eek: Worth the money if your horse is a bit clumsy & could hurt itself IMO but not everyone's cup of tea.

Well you know how it is - get a big bin marked 'HORSE', throw in wages, petrol + lit match, stand back and enjoy :rolleyes:

How true! :eek:

Can anyone recommend any particular makes (to add to woof that is!)

Don't need to go for cheapest but at the same time have to be realistic - we are looking to sell Freddy at the end of the summer so he won't get a huge amount of use out of them. :D

premier equine ones??? not the best durablity but cheaper that N.E.W ones

dalmar ....... im saving up for some now they've come out in a leather type....... maybe i could nick a set of my boss' she'd never know ;) (shes sponsered by them and theres lots everywhere!) ....the hind performance SJ boots are good!! (thats off the subject of xc though)

I have vedrus (sp?) front and N.E.W back boots for dennis and newt and scoob has n.e.w alround :)

The only boots ive ever used are WoofWear. Ive had them for nearly 2 years with Honey and wear them everytime i ride, they havent worn out or anything :) Best boots if your just doing local stuff IMO.

No not premier equine

Hi

I've got some brilliant kieffer boots - much better than the premier equine ones. I ordered from premier equine and received appalling service - so rude - DONT GO THERE!

Another vote for the Woof Club boots, even my RI uses them and she's a professional eventer! They don't slip (I always tape mine for XC just in case), don't rub, don't hold water and you can just chuck them in the washing machine! Especially if he's not going to get much use out of them - remember that even a full set of Woofs will cost almost £40 so it all adds up!

newrider.com